Lost 4.5kg in 2 weeks

Since I started using the free calorie counter app I feel so much better. I feel so much more in control of what I am eating and when I eat it. With this new awareness and focus due to the app I have lost 4.5kg in 2 weeks. Feeling great!

Replies

• Wow u lost 10 pounds in two weeks that AWSOMEEEE !! hahah .. and the secret isss !? haha
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    ಠ_ಠ Seriously? Are you sure that wasn't 0.45kg?
  • not so much a secret to be honest :) I used the app daily and analysed my daily intakes per meal and snacks. I still have managed to eat the golden arch twice and had some chocolate bars. The thing I found most useful is effective measurement of calories in the app plus the info about the other segement e.g. vitamins, calcium etc. Plus it need to be added that I did some excersie on the stationary bike. How are you getting on?
  • I am pretty sure that it was 4.5kg. Suprisedmyself of the progress with analysing what type of food I have removed from my diet then to see what differnce it makes.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Congratulations! Well done! Some of it is definitely water weight, which falls off SUPER quick at first (I've lost 10 lbs in a week but not really since the number is heavily skewed from water weight.). Just keep going no matter HOW big OR small the numbers are! You're doing great and should be proud! :)
  • Water loss. That sound very interesting. I had no idea. Can you explain a bit more?
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Congrats on your loss!

Water weight (as far as I understand it):

If you eat too much salt (which is easy to do if you're eating processed food), you cause your body to retain water. The same is caused by drinking alcohol, or not drinking enough water. Basically it's mild dehydration, and causes your body to grab hold of whatever water it can (very unscientific explanation, but you get the idea). It makes you feel bloated or a bit swollen.

A lot of people see a big drop in the first few weeks with MFP because they cut the processed stuff, stop eating so many salty things (like potato chips...) and pay more attention to getting enough liquids in them. Their body obliges by letting go of the 'water weight'. It's awesome, and congratulations on your loss. Please don't let it get you discouraged if you don't continue to lose at the same rate though.

Also, if you slip up a little, eat all the crisps in the house, or drink half a bottle of vodka, the increase you'll see on the scale will be mostly this water weight, so don't let it derail you. Drink up (water this time...haha), and it will sort itself out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!