I'm sooooo hungry!!

Options
Since I've been on MFP and exercising regularly I've never been so hungry as I am today. I don't know why, not worked out today, not TOM, not anything!

I've already eaten most of my 1200, am not planning to workout until tomorrow, so I just know I'm going to go waaaay over today!

I've had a decent lunch and breakfast, very healthy, no junk, just lots of it! Damn it, all I can think about is food today!!

Anyone else just craving food today!?!!

:explode:

Replies

• tsherwin
    tsherwin Posts: 8
    Options
    That sucks...but it does happen....those days I call binge days...you could eat anything and everything. Drink lots of water with lemon slices in it! I don't know why but it seems to help...that and ginger tea-doesn't taste greate but seems to help. And don't sweat it! One day is not a huge deal!
  • munchy
    munchy Posts: 10
    Options
    Are you CRAVING food or are you HUNGRY? If you're hungry, eat an apple or some other piece of fruit. Your body is out of fuel. If you're craving, drink a good amount of water.
  • vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    From personal experience it all comes down to will power, patience (with yourself) and treating yourself fairly. It's really difficult to change lifestyle and eating patterns but a lot of that is cravings and not necessarily hunger. I get the now and again sugar munchies so to placate that I allow only one day a week (Sunday's for me) to go out and indulge myself in something decadent (but within moderation as to never over indulgent). My advice would be to bear through it with will power, don't treat yourself with food immediately after workouts and tell your body and mind your in control not your appetite. Everyone's methods are different so definitely contemplate what you think is right for you.
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with munchy - make sure it is not an emotional or stress eating craving, but if you are truly hungry (stomach growling, etc) then put some high fiber/low cal food in there along with plenty of water...
  • heather_boyd
    Options
    Remember also that one day out of your life isn't going to break you unless you let it... Think of all the days you've been good and remember back to when you would have just indulged and not even felt guilty about it.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    try almonds or walnuts or a granola bar and water lots of water.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    When I get like this I just make a huge salad. I mean huge, a whole head of lettuce, 3 tomatoes, a whole green pepper, maybe some spinich or carrot or radish or celery. A little lite italian dressing and just go nuts. Stuff 'til you bust.

You'll feel better, you'll get your tummy full, and the calorie damage is minimal. A salad the size of your head has less calories than a granola bar.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice, I've had a lot of water today so am pretty sure its not sneaky dehydration pretending to be hunger! And I'm generally happy, not a particularly stressful day etc.

Its a bit odd really, I'm usually hungry for me meals right before I eat, but never straight after I've already eaten! I don't really know why....

Everyone is laughing at me in my office now, they think I have worms! Gross!

I suppose my calorie goal will just have to take the hit today...