beep Posts: 1,242 Member

Replies

• beep
    Options
  • kody1234
    kody1234 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that was interesting...too bad I can't eat most of that stuff....I have Chron's disease and can't eat nuts...haha
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    thanks for that i found this while i was looking around that site

http://www2.prevention.com/cda/article/ultimate-stomach-flattener/2e6dd08f88803110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/fitness/belly.abs/ab.exercises/0/0/1

it may interest somebody on here
  • beep
    Options
    Now, I want to know.... mind you, this was from Prevention Magazine.... and I've read that you can't target spots.....

So, essentially these belly flattening foods are flattening the belly because they are helping get rid of fat everywhere on our bodies........ not targeting belly fat.....per se?

But, regardless, sounds like these would be great snack foods:

Avocados (MUFA, beta-sitosterol for lowering cholesterol)
    Olive oil (MUFA)
    Flaxseed oil (best source of omega-3 fatty acids, reduces systemic inflammation)
    Almonds (MUFAs and Vitamin E)
    Macademia nuts (fiber and selenium)
    Sunflower seeds (B and E vitamins)
    Dark or semi-sweet chocolate (antioxidants)
    Natural peanut butter (one serving has 3 mg or E, 49 mg of magnesium, 208 mg of potassium, .17 mg of B6)
    Pistachios (lutein, zeaxanthin [carotenoids help prevent macular degeneration and may improve cholesterol levels])
    Walnuts (omega-3 fatty acids)

Now if I could just figure out what MUFAa are.........:laugh:
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    This information is in the Flat Belly Diet book, which I have. It does go after all the fat but it also targets the bad fats that surround your mid-section, called visceral fat. So by eating those kinds of foods at every meal you will lower the amount of VF that you have and there for start getting a flatter belly. If you have any other questions regarding this I will be happy to consult the book for you!!!!:happy:

Kim
  • Kimosabe
    Options
    Now, I want to know.... mind you, this was from Prevention Magazine.... and I've read that you can't target spots.....

So, essentially these belly flattening foods are flattening the belly because they are helping get rid of fat everywhere on our bodies........ not targeting belly fat.....per se?

But, regardless, sounds like these would be great snack foods:

Avocados (MUFA, beta-sitosterol for lowering cholesterol)
    Olive oil (MUFA)
    Flaxseed oil (best source of omega-3 fatty acids, reduces systemic inflammation)
    Almonds (MUFAs and Vitamin E)
    Macademia nuts (fiber and selenium)
    Sunflower seeds (B and E vitamins)
    Dark or semi-sweet chocolate (antioxidants)
    Natural peanut butter (one serving has 3 mg or E, 49 mg of magnesium, 208 mg of potassium, .17 mg of B6)
    Pistachios (lutein, zeaxanthin [carotenoids help prevent macular degeneration and may improve cholesterol levels])
    Walnuts (omega-3 fatty acids)

Now if I could just figure out what MUFAa are.........:laugh:

MUFA
    Stands for Monounsaturated fats
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Thought y'all were cussin for a minute!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    Options
    MUFA.......... duh...........:blushing: I should have known that, just didn't want to look it up.

Thanks.
  • Kimosabe
    Options
    MUFA.......... duh...........:blushing: I should have known that, just didn't want to look it up.

Thanks.

No worries, remember no such thing as a stupid question, it's only stupid if you don't ask.
    :laugh:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options

I teach urban youth and instead of swearing I hear MUFA mumbled under their breath. I totally thought you were cursing,
  • beep
    Options

I teach urban youth and instead of swearing I hear MUFA mumbled under their breath. I totally thought you were cursing,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now you can tell them that though they think they are being insulting, they are really talking about .... whatever that was......:laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    some of that stuff helps with digestion and beating water bloat :P