Which bread is ok?

Options
I haven't eaten bread in 6months and miss it so much!! Which is the best bread out there to eat with still losing weight? I've heard some people talk about ezekiel bread..anyone tried it? I'm thinking of sometimes having toast for breakie rather than oats so I'm still not over doing the carbs

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread in 6months and miss it so much!! Which is the best bread out there to eat with still losing weight? I've heard some people talk about ezekiel bread..anyone tried it? I'm thinking of sometimes having toast for breakie rather than oats so I'm still not over doing the carbs

Whatever bread fits into your calories and macros and gives you flavor smileys.

(Pick one you would ENJOY and make it fit into your daily totals and you will be just fine)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of bread and lose weight.

Look, I've been there, I did 6 months with very little grain, I read Wheat Belly, bought into the Paleo thing ...

And in the end if it creates a calorie deficit it works for me. Wholewheat, Wholegrain, White ... whatever ...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options

I am unable to be moderate when I eat bread, so I don't eat any. :flowerforyou:
  • daryabella
    Options
    Ezekiel has the right balance of amino acids to provide a complete protein and is generally low fat, cholesterol, trans fat, sodium, etc. I also like the taste of it! The cinnamon raisin is so good.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I eat multigrain flat bread for sandwhichs. only 100 calories and fairly tastey.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel bread and really enjoy it, I find it hearty and just plain enjoy the taste (I get the orange wrapper one..forgot the type it is at the moment). Trader Joe's has their own brand of it and I actually enjoy it better (simply because the pieces are smaller) but both are tasty and you know you're eating a healthier version.

But I agree with SideSteel too, pick one YOU enjoy and don't worry about eating bread unless it becomes a problem. I'm not one to eat that paper thin bread just so I can eat 4 pieces.:laugh: I know some do that but to me enjoying Nut Butter on one good slice of bread makes more sense and keeps the 'diet mentality' out of the picture.

Have fun experimenting:wink:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel is good bread, but as SideSteel said - pick a bread you like, make it fit within your calories and eat it without guilt. Bread is not the enemy - nor is any other food if eaten within your daily intake parameters.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE BREADS! Lol No seriously I love me some carbs, I just stay within my allotment and am good to go. I usually stick with whole grain but if i have a ton of carbs left in my allotment I will eat some french bread
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Real pumpernickel is low glycemic if you're concerned about carb cravings. A toasted Muffin in a Minute (I usually add blueberries to it or some banana and walnuts) is a nice breakfast item full of fiber from flax meal.

I miss almond croissants more than bread though :-)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 cal bread available at walmart.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    All the sandwich rounds are about 100 calories. I often have 1/2 of one toasted with a poached egg for breakfast, sometimes with chia seeds sprinkled on top.
    Village Hearth has one with Italian herb that I use for making pizza. I toast it in the oven then spread pizza sauce, veggies and a little low fat mozzarella and bake until cheese is slightly browned. Really yummy.
    If I am really craving a good bread, I just make room for it on my daily calorie intake. I have rarely gone over my carb intake.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why not give up grains entirely and go paleo? It's saved my life :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I eat Tip Top The One bread - it's white..it has dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals and it is iron fortified. This was the most attractive thing about this bread as my iron levels can get a bit screwy. 2 slices give 35% of RDI of iron. Booyah!

Eat whichever bread takes your fancy. Eat and enjoy in moderation like most things.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of bread and lose weight.

Look, I've been there, I did 6 months with very little grain, I read Wheat Belly, bought into the Paleo thing ...

And in the end if it creates a calorie deficit it works for me. Wholewheat, Wholegrain, White ... whatever ...

True story!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I bought a bread maker for about $100 and make my own low salt.
    Add whatever you like. I usually make a flat focaccia style, 1/4 whole wheat and just let the machine make the dough.
    I eat 70 grams per day and love the fresh chewyness. Cut it in half for nice flat crusty sammiches...
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    it depends on your goals, like for me I'm trying to eat low-med on the glycemic index. So me it's sourdough (high cal. but low gluten) or stone ground wheat bread, is also low gluten content about average cal. for a slice of bread.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the light English muffins and light Italian sandwich bread from Hy Vee, I am sure other chain stores have similar breads. 1 muffin is 90 cal I add some Smuckers low sugar jam and no butter for a low cal snack.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You can eat any bread you like as long as you fit it into your calories and macros.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Any bread you want! I LOVE bread, and can eat a ton of it. I don't do that anymore, but I do still eat bread. Sandwiches, french bread, etc. Just make sure it fits your macros. For instance, I don't have bread AND another starch with dinner. I will replace the starch (potatoes, rice, pasta) with some crusty french bread or foccacia or something.
  • kmuslusky
    Options
    I just saw my nutritionist today and she recommended Orlando "Seedlicious" Bread. It has Chia and Probiotics and is packed with fiber... and has no sugar!