Insanity + your period = no motivation

Options
Ladies, am I the only one that feels this way? I have cramps and I don't know if it's a good idea to even do my Insanity workout.

What do you all do?

Replies

• cansmith80
    Options
    I have serious pms this week and I am trying to motivate myself to work out. I am on week two and I get recovery day tomorrow so I am really having a hard time my second week. Ugh!!! The joys of being ladies lol.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    Just started my cycle today. All I want to do is lay about and commit carbicide.
  • sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    I have been told that working out will actually help with cramps and moodiness. And when I am crazy pmsing I love ripping something up or cutting something so I bet a bad to the bone workout would feel good. Like take out all the frustration on the calories :)
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i had the same serious cramps headache monday took some advil and went to the gym to get my butt kicked by the trainer no cramps the rest of the day!!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just started my cycle today. All I want to do is lay about and commit carbicide.

LOLOLOL!!!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    i had the same serious cramps headache monday took some advil and went to the gym to get my butt kicked by the trainer no cramps the rest of the day!!!

:heart:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You will feel better if you do.

I got mine on Tuesday, but ran the 12 miles I was planning on. It took my mind off it and I felt better afterward (minus my legs feeling like jello).

:wink:
  • nkpham
    Options
    feels crappy the first day but after you push through the cramps go away, get your needed rest so you don't have the fatigue problem!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I rarely have motivation whether or not I'm not on my period. :) Just gotta push through!
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I NEVER have motivation at that time but I make myself do it as it helps heaps with fluid retention and I never get cramps if I workout ;-)
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    I have endometriosis and spend 24 - 36 hours in agony each month. My period is due this week and this will be the second one since starting to get fit. Last month I dosed up on pain killers and worked through the pain. I'm not sure if it helped but I was in agony for considerably less time. For me the whole 4 or 5 days is a time of severe discomfort. Unfortunately the world doesn't stop each month so I just get on with it. Roll on the menopause!!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    oh yeh.... this explains me today!!! im so stupid sometimes here i am blaming my sluggishness and nausea on sleeping in and upsetting my normal routine... but its getting close to due day... last month was my first month on mfp and having my period and it was incredibly and scarily light considering i only lose a kg a week its not that insane! going to be interesting to see what my body does this month, considering im a little (ok a lot) moody and lacking motivation and i haven't even started yet!
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis and spend 24 - 36 hours in agony each month. My period is due this week and this will be the second one since starting to get fit. Last month I dosed up on pain killers and worked through the pain. I'm not sure if it helped but I was in agony for considerably less time. For me the whole 4 or 5 days is a time of severe discomfort. Unfortunately the world doesn't stop each month so I just get on with it. Roll on the menopause!!

This may be a silly question, but are you currently on the pill?

Endometriosis runs in my family, and although I havent been diagnosed (but I do have killer period pains every month), since going on the pill my symptoms have reduced heck of alot - I also used to spend 24-48 in agony (couldnt move without being sick for the first 12 hours, and felt like my guts were being ripped out for the remainder of the time). Although the pill isnt perfect (Im still on some pretty major pain killers for that one week every month that affects me), I can still function as a human. Just a thought if you havent tried it :)
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I guess it just depends on your period but I know when I have cramps working out helps them go away. Granted I don't typically get cramps but when I do working out normally helps. I would work out if I were you, just wouldn't weigh in until a couple of days after.