30 day challenge. Anyone up for an overhaul by Christmas?

Options
My husband is coming home 4 months early from deployment... He doesn't care what I look like, or whats going on. lol This is a personal goal.

Do as much as I can, follow the cleanest diet I can, work out the hardest I can... and be at my personal best 30 days from now. I know this goes against all rules... "this isn't a race" I get that. But sometimes, being under pressure helps!

Some people are in my shoes, or some people just feel ready to move past Thanksgiving, Or wanna look better by Christmas....

Whatever your case, You're welcome to join...

Only requirement is to be better in some way ... than you were 30 days before....
Anyone with me??? I'd love the friendly competition and we can all do this! :)

Replies

• cmacgray89
    Options
    I would love to do this with you. I need a serious over haul because I actually want to join the service. As of right now the decision is between the ARMY and NAVY but either way I want active duty deployment. I know if I can lose this weight I can make it through basic. I'm doing this for myself, my family and my country and I want to be a success. It would really make a difference if I had someone who was like "hey how are you doing?" "Did you work out today.." ect. My overall goal is February.
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in - in my own little way. I need to lose a lot of weight, but if I could keep my sugar intake at the 30 grams/day or less and lose 2 pounds I'd feel like I've succeeded! I'm doing this not just for me but so I can get pregnant & have a healthy baby! :)
  • xaemama
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in as well!
  • stacybrs
    Options
    I'm in! I'm visiting my fiances family for the first christmas ever, and so it would be nice to look a little nicer when I meet a lot of them for the first time. I of course know the parents and siblings fairly well, but not so much the extended family. I'm not trying to put too much pressure on myself, but I would love the challenge!
  • stacybrs
    Options
    I'm in - in my own little way. I need to lose a lot of weight, but if I could keep my sugar intake at the 30 grams/day or less and lose 2 pounds I'd feel like I've succeeded! I'm doing this not just for me but so I can get pregnant & have a healthy baby! :)

I'm with you on the sugar! That's my biggest struggle. It seems to me like almost everything has sugar!
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in:bigsmile: I have a long road ahead of me, but this would definitely help give me a good start! :flowerforyou:
  • Patster67
    Patster67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    A little competition never hurt anybody. I'm already having my Facebook friends post for miles. There's no reason I can't do this, too.
  • Candijean1988
    Options
    i am so in too
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My husband is coming home 4 months early from deployment... He doesn't care what I look like, or whats going on. lol This is a personal goal.

Do as much as I can, follow the cleanest diet I can, work out the hardest I can... and be at my personal best 30 days from now. I know this goes against all rules... "this isn't a race" I get that. But sometimes, being under pressure helps!

Some people are in my shoes, or some people just feel ready to move past Thanksgiving, Or wanna look better by Christmas....

Whatever your case, You're welcome to join...

Only requirement is to be better in some way ... than you were 30 days before....
    Anyone with me??? I'd love the friendly competition and we can all do this! :)

This is a great idea! Thank you to your husband for his service to our country, too.

Are you forming a group, or will we just report here on the forums? I have found that groups are easier to keep track of, at least for me. I have stalled out on my loss this month due to 2 birthdays, my 24th wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, and just plain too much eating in general. I'm only back up 4 lbs, but am ready to get back on track! I want to see another 6lbs gone by Christmas.
  • candirose69
    Options
    I love this!!!

I am soooo close to my first goal (to not be 'obese') I need to loose 3 more Kg's (6.6lbs) to have my BMI at a place where i am just overweight!!!

I am determined to do this by Christmas, then I think I really could enjoy the day and indulge a little on chirstmas day

xxx
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Im in, have been a little slack lately so this will be just the motivation I need
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Count me in for sure!!! I def. need an overhaul!!
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I started 30 day shred today, hopefully this gives me some accountability to actually do the DVD every day!!
    And I'm also trying to reduce my sugar intake at the moment - I just found out that I'm fructose intolerant, so no more sugary snacks for me!
    Feel free to add me, always happy to have new friends :)
  • allisonoftherowan
    Options
    I'm so in. I've been going through a lot lately, and my body's been hurting for it. I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today, and I want to get everything back on track by Christmastime.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • forwardme
    Options
    I am in. How shall we do it log our weights then log daily or after the 30 days. Me I need maybe a 15 day marker.
    And how shall we support post on here from now.

I am starting at 179lbs - the challenge is on fab idea
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am totally in, I really want to lose atleast 10 pounds by christmas!! (5kgs) feel free to add me :) and I agree, are you making a group??
  • skinnygurl83
    Options
    Count me in please, I think this will definitely help me with my motivation, which isn't the greatest, lol. I would like to lose 5kgs by Christmas so that'd be great.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!