Newbie desperate to start losing weight...

Options
Hi

I'm fed up with being overweight, tried various diets over the years and lost stones and ended up piling it all back on and more. Anyway turning 40 next year and there is no way I want to be this weight for a special birthday. I've got about 7 stone to lose arrrghhhh lol. Used to go to keep fit 3 times a week but since having the kids who are now 11 and 7 and back working full time I struggle to fit it all in and I must admit make excuses for not going to a class :-( Bad I know....but hey this has to be the start of a new me.....fed up being fat, unfit and always struggling to feel and look good in clothes that are in fashion.

I've never used this site before but looks easy to use, would love some hints and tips of anyone and if anyone is looking for a buddy give me a shout. Would also love to hear of some people who have a lot to lose and how you are finding it.

S
x

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This place is awesome for helping you stay on track. There are lots of little things that you can do to help you. Course the biggest is the food, so commit to recording (don't look at my last few days, my food hasn't been on track...sigh).

Lots of little things to do-- can you take a walk at lunch time? Be more active with the kids? Oh, play wii with them? My kids are 19 and 16. My girl likes to go shopping! Guess its exercise :)

Hope you get some good people to help you stay on track. Love my online friends. Seeing their success really helps keep me going or encourages me to move a bit more.

Blessings.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on every day and so far, I have lost 20 pounds since Sept. 2012.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, too. I've been up down and around with my weight issues, so I can understand.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Although I have been using this site for sometime, I really only used it to log my food. I have only recently begun logging my workouts as I have only begun working out in the last few months. I too struggled to find the time. As it turns out I do indeed have the time to take my little one (4 yrs. old) to the park while she rides her bike I walk or jog depending on the day. Then my son (17 yrs. old) and I go to the park and he is teaching me to play tennis. I get one on one with each of them and it is valuable time and they both exercise and have fun doing it. I just had to turn off the television. I work 60 hrs a week have a husband, a 17 yr. old and a 4 yr. old. It's tough but I am finally doing it. Even my husband has started in on the routine by joining me for a walk a couple of days a week as he has 100 lbs. to loose as well. We are enjoying our family time.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. This site has been such a huge support to me.

Miriah
  • Scotslass1973
    Scotslass1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome, have started to add friends and look forward to this being the first day of my lifestyle change.
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Feel free to add me too I am in uk ,log in everyday and have lost 22lb so far :)
  • jacqui250
    Options
    Fellow scot here FR sent x
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    As for fitting exercise in this might sound crazy but the best time I have found to workout is in the early mornings, Before anything else like 5-6am. Its hard to get up early at first, but the benefits are great if you have a busy schedule!

- I never feel guilty that I am working out not doing something else because everyone is sleeping!
    - nothing ever comes up that interferes with my workouts
    - my workout is done! No trying to fit it in later, no trying to adjust my eating to fit in a night workout (I don't like trying to workout right after eating)
    - side bonus: I go to bed earlier, so my after dinner munching has decreased!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is amazing. Feel free to add me!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Nothing magical about losing weight. Exercise and proper nutrition. Just that simple.