I did it!

Options
So I went to the gym today a little after 12pm during the OSU Michigan game. I figured that would mean all those intimidating guys wouldn't be over in the weights and I would be able to give some stuff a try without 50 people watching. There was me and 3 other guys over there. I saw them looking over at me, but I just left my earbuds in and pretended they were not there.

Started with 15 minutes of hiit on the elliptical.

Started weights with bicep curls
15 lbs 6 reps 2 sets each arm
20lbs 6 reps 2 sets each arm

Then wasted no time starting to dead lift with dumb bells (hey it was the first time ever and I don't have to lift much stuff, so I'm not really all that strong. I can't wait till I am though!

Dead lifts with dumb bells
40lbs total 6 reps 3 sets
50lbs total 4-6 reps 3 sets

The guy next to me looked at me funny, but whatever.

Stiff leg dead lifts toes on plates
50lbs 3-5 reps 2 sets

I walked ofer and looked at the barbell. Sized it up thought about it... Didn't touch it. It still seemed pretty scary.

Heels on plates
50lbs 3-5 reps 2 sets

Then he really looked at me strange, but I turned my focus back to my music.

Squats

I took the 2 25lb dumbbells and held them at my shoulders and squatted all the way down....
This was awkward and didn't feel right at all, so what did I do? I put my big girl panties n and went to the barbell.

I lifted it up to the top part and was happy I could lift it. Me 1 barbell 0

Put the barbell on my back and squatted 2 times and put it back.

A little wobbly I did 4 sets of 2-3 squats with only the bar. I sized up the weights, looked them over and told them that next time it might just be their turn.

Chest press
15lb dumbbells 6 reps 1 set
12lb dumbbells 6 reps 2 sets

Went and got a medicine ball. Ran up 2 flights of stairs to the track found a stretching mat. Put the ball between my knees and did 10 crunches, 10 on each side and 10 more.

Went down the stairs and found I was a little shaky.

Cables, I'm not even sure what its called. You pull one cable across your chest to the other side.
20lb 5 reps 1 set each arm
36lbs 5 reps 2 sets each arm

Assisted chin 100 pounds of assistance 5 reps 2 sets
Assisted dip 90 pounds of assistance 5 reps 2 sets.

Then the fun began. I grabbed my keys, my water bottle got in my car and drove home. When I got out of my car I thought I might die. Laid down on my bed and couldn't figure out what my aching body wanted the most a shower, food or a nap! After about 15 minutes of laying flat on my stomach not moving I decided a bath might help. My stomach was displeased with this idea and grumbled and growled at me the whole time. Getting dressed was a chore, but I had no problem making myself a leftover turkey wrap and inhaling it and now Im laying in my bed typing this...I thought I was full but my stomach is growling again!

After this experience all I can say is.... I can't wait to do it again! I love the burn, I love feeling strong and I don't even mind the aching too much, but getting my 3 year old dressed made my muscles scream...

Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to go for it and pointed me in the right direction!

Replies

• Maybaby100
    Maybaby100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The more I move and stretch the better my legs get. I hope they are better in a couple days so I can do it all over again!
  • PurpleIris17
    Options
    Great job!!! That is a lot to do in one day.. keep stretching before, during, and after your workout and drink LOTS of water!
  • Maybaby100
    Options
    I feel like I could eat a horse! Seriously. I eat and 30 minutes later I'm hungry. I should give up and go to bed.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Do keep going back to the free weights section as it's an extremely efficient way to get into shape.

Note: the guy was looking at you funny because *you were looking at him funny*. Stop looking at strangers and trying to read their minds. Just work out!
  • mananthprabhu
    mananthprabhu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job...
  • Maybaby100
    Options
    Thanks! I enjoyed it, going to keep it as part of my routine!