Please Help. :/

Options
I don't know how to lose weight, but at the same time I do...

I'm only content if I lose about 4lbs-5lbs a week, but I know this isn't healthy. If I can't lose this much I feel like a failure and it goes in the opposite direction. Instead, I gain weight continuously. I know you should only lose 2lbs per week at the most, but I don't know how to accept this fact because I have never actually lost 2lbs per week. It has always been more than that. I either lose 5lbs or gain 10. I don't know how to stop being so extreme...

Replies

• laifong
    Options
    I understand your need to see immediate results. We need to be patient and to remember the story about the tortoise and the hare.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Dont feel like a failure, I know that is easy to do....Try and be as positive as u can. Take one step at a time. I battled weight my entire life, and this is the first time I have maintained the loss. Sometimes it came off easily and fast, and then it would slow down. Be patient, and keep saying to yourself....I CAN DO THIS......We all have down days, but pick yourself up and move forward. I will give you support and motivation and be with you every step of the way..........Hugs to you......Joann
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a deeper issue than weight. But maybe weight can help you work through those other issues.

Get a calorie goal from MFP that should get you to lose a pound a week. Define success as eating that many calories every day and working out whatever your goal was.

Period.

I'm going to guess you will also do better if you don't step on the scale.

Nobody is a failure because they can't lose weight.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Can you talk to a counselor or someone about the problem? I agree with the person that said the underlying issues are probably the bigger problem for you. Good luck! :flowerforyou: