Strength Training minutes

gypsewmn
gypsewmn Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to FitnessPal and I like it! (smile) I wonder if there is a way to show and/or add the minutes I spend in strength training routine.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Search for Strength training under cardio..good luck :)
  • justjute
    justjute Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to see the calories I burn in strength training. Maybe a better format would be nice as I rarely do so many sets at such a weight for so many reps. I actually strength train so I usually do up sets and down sets with different weight and reps. How about it MFP, any chance something more defined possible? Regardless, thank you for this site - I hope to have as much success as I see some do, I've got a long way to go. :ohwell:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    They have strength training under cardio, but I never log it. I figure it depends on effort. I only log actually cardio workouts.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    @justjute:

"Q. Doesn't strength training burn calories? Why don't you show any calories burned for strength training?

A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate."
This discussion has been closed.