Cardio Bunny? Stop It – Stop It Now!

Options
123457»

Replies

• FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well i've done a two hour belly dancing class today, am just about to go on a 5k run and might even do another hours class later if i have the inclination (only a gentle one though)

I'm sure i will be much heavier in the morning...
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with this article. The most efficient way to work out is strength training with high intensity interval cardio between sets. Example, my normal workout consists of 4 compound lifts: bench press, squat, military press, deadlift. I usually warm up with dynamic stretching and then some jumping jacks to get the heart rate pumping. 3 sets of heavy bench press (max 10 reps), then jump rope for 30 seconds. Catch my breath (1-1.5 minute break) Then 2 sets of heavy deadlifts, then run in place while holding a 10 lb weight. Catch my breath. Then military press with no cardio after, then squats. After that, catch my breath and do some sprints. If you're not ready to puke by the end, you didn't work out hard enough. I usually cool down by walking for 15 minutes at 2.5mph, then stretch.

Eta

That being said, I absolutely hate long, drawn-out cardio. If it's what you enjoy, do it. There are certainly health benefits.
  • cindycrn40
    Options
    I love cardio and I agree weights/resistance training is important, but for me if I don't do at least 45 minutes 5/6 times a week the weight will not come off. However, crossfit led me to a back injury which put me out for 2 months and then weight gain. :-(
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If anyone actually read the article, it said if you enjoy doing cardio then keep on doing it. The article was aimed toward people who push themselves through cardio even though they don't enjoy it, thinking that eventually the pounds will just melt off and they'll have amazing bodies.

All the people that are obsessed with cardio- don't get your panties in a twist.

Edit: I do both- weightlifting so that my body looks amazing and cardio maybe 2 times a week just because I enjoy it.