Chicken Thighs

Options
I have noticed when I lose weight I still seem to have my " chicken thighs" makes me look bottom heavy... Is there a exercise that is good for that? My husband says they are smaller but I just dont see it. Any advice would be great.. ;)

Replies

• mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    When you figure it out, let me know..lol..i tried on some boots the other day that go over your calf..well, at least that's what it was supposed to do, but it didn't!! I have noticed that my legs don't rub together as much when i walk now..so, that's a plus!!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about that b/c my problem area is my lower stomach. I do know that when I get on the elliptical machine, that it works out my hips and thighs a lot, kind of like a running motion. I hope that helps a little. ......Amy
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. The fat will come off eventually during your weight loss.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, just keep losing fat and you'll eventually lose weight from your thighs.
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you husband can see the difference then there most likely is a difference, it will take time for you to notice. You should track your thigh/calf measurments monthly. MyFitnessPal has a place to track those in the "Weigh-In" there is a "Track Additional Measurements" section. I have waist and hips, but you probably want to add thighs (one for right, and one for left, or just one side), that will help you see the difference in numbers yourself. Your pants should be feeling a little looser too straight out of the dryer. Remember that no matter what the numbers look like, your primary goal is to keep up with your healthy eating and workout schedule, if you continue doing that everything else will eventualy fall into place. :happy:

You should also thank your husband for noticing your hard work and give yourself a break, he sees you everyday and he is noticing, that means something. Congradulations on the loss so far!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    There are weight machines and strength exercises to help build muscle in those areas.. I try to work those areas 2-3x a week along with my butt and stomach.. I dream of the day where I can see light between my thighs.. LOL :laugh:
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There are weight machines and strength exercises to help build muscle in those areas.. I try to work those areas 2-3x a week along with my butt and stomach.. I dream of the day where I can see light between my thighs.. LOL :laugh:

Lol me too! I can see a small peep of it now when i bend over a little. Haha.