DIETTTTTTTTTTTTT

Options
I've been dieting since two months but now i feel def deprived and i'd like to have got a healthy diet because of time my net calories were under 900 since i exercise quite a lot (3-5 times a week). My questions are : 1. If i ate 1800 calories and i burned 400/500 would i lose weight (FAT,WOULD I LOSE FAT?) 2. Never understood this: if i eat 1000 calories till miday( breakfast,snack and lunch) and then i exercise a burn 400 calories would it mean that basically i've eaten just 600 calories so if my diet is 1800 calories i need to eat other 1200 calories or it's not good for losing ?

Replies

• OnyxPenguin82
    Options
    I have always heard that the MORE you eat, the MORE you lose. However, it's not EATING MORE, it's eating smaller meals MORE frequently. I eat 6 mini meals a day to keep my metabolism going. My meals include 2 delicious shakes and a healthy colorful meal. i also do snacks in between.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that the MORE you eat, the MORE you lose. However, it's not EATING MORE, it's eating smaller meals MORE frequently. I eat 6 mini meals a day to keep my metabolism going. My meals include 2 delicious shakes and a healthy colorful meal. i also do snacks in between.

eating more frequently does not change your metabolism...its a matter of personal preference.

OP eat your exercise calories.. but leave room for error if you like
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It is not as simple as the more you eat the more you lose - in fact it is basically wrong. However, having a large deficit is not a good idea as it can impact metabolism, cause hormonal imbalances, run the risk of not getting enough nutrients and run the risk of losing more LBM than necessary (i.e. the weight loss in not all fat).

Eat when you want. Intra day meal timing is irrelevant if you are tracking food intake. More definitely does not mean more times.

OP: MFP is set up to include a deficit in the base number, so you are supposed to eat back your exercise calories. Try to hit the target it gives you, which will increase when you log exercise. You can leave some of the exercise calories 'on the table' as there is a margin of error in them, but at least eat some of them back.