NSV, chucking out clothes two sizes too big

Options
SAGR2
SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
I have been working hard today, sorting out and trying on some of my old faithful clothes, realising that they are simply too big and packing them up for the charity shop. Now the clothes that are left fit in the wardrobe and drawers. I had clothes in four different sizes but have decided to throw out everything that is currently too big for me. I now fit into a UK 14 dress from Marks and Spencers so I have consigned all the 18s and 20s to the bin bag. Yes! This is a big mindset change for me and still slightly scary to throw out things that I have always thought I might need again, but I have taken the plunge.

Replies

• thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Great accomplishment.
  • Sonatrice
    Options
    Good job! Excellent that you are giving away the too-big clothes. That says you're committed to never going back. I'm realizing now that keeping my big clothes (the last time I lost weight) was giving myself the wrong message. Thanks for helping me see that! Now I plan to give my big clothes away when the no longer fit, and that day WILL come! I sure look forward to the closet space too! :smile:
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing! For years I kept 3-4 sizes of clothes. It seemed to be an excuse to go back into them. This time, I donated all my big clothes so there is NO excuse to go back. Good for you, and keep up the great work!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Way to go!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's amazing. Congrats! :)
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, feeling OK about it all, not only getting rid of the clothes but also making space for new smaller ones! Definitely the way to go. Sue
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!