Peak Fit System

Options
I am looking to change up my workout routine with some new fitness DVD's I am a huge fan of Jillian Michaels but getting a little bored since I have been using her workouts for over a year. Has anyone tried the Peak Fit System? The price seems very reasonable, but looking for some input by those that have used it.....

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I guess posting a topic on Thanksgiving weekend was a bad idea.......

anyone?
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bumping as i would also like to learn if anyone has tried this program.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    bumping for responses....
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    You've asked for replies from people who have used it and aren't getting any. Maybe that's a clue.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think it is too new on the market for replies yet.
  • AfrikanRose
    AfrikanRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week. It just started to be resold again, after it was off the market for several months. I really like it. It is challenging, but I think that results will come. I would recommend it, as I can't stand Jillian Michaels or Chalene Johnson. Michelle Dozois is encouraging enough without the 'cheerleader' aspect from Chalene or the 'polite bullying' of Jillian Michaels.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I have been using these workout for three weeks, and so far I'm loving them. She combines hi/lo with kickboxing. There are two Strength, two cardio strength, three cardio, one core and one flexibility workout. She also includes a fit test. These are high intensity, so I would put them on par with some insanity workouts. You usually use a couple sets of weights (light & heavy), and there is also a band that is included in the set. Most of the strength moves are compound. At first I was feeling some soreness in my knees, but I have stopped feeling that after the first week. The longest workout is 65 min., so all the rest run around 40-60 min. The core workout is 20 min. I sweat buckets when doing these, and am constantly having to use my towel to wipe my face. Like the above poster said, Michelle is encouraging but not a cheerleader. Her husband is in some of the workouts also, so that is pretty cool. Most of the workouts are structured as Basecamp, Ascent, Climb and then Peak. Basecamp is mostly a easy side to side, so that you can get your HR down. Ascent is usually lower intensity, but start to get more intense as you go. Climb is where she gets your HR going with a few different moves. The Peak is usually a 30 sec. burst of one exercise. So you do something that she calls Atomic Lunges for that amount of time. She does two sets of the same circuit, to make a block. So you may do exercises on your right side, and then on the next circuit your left. Hope this has helped you some.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have been using these workout for three weeks, and so far I'm loving them. She combines hi/lo with kickboxing. There are two Strength, two cardio strength, three cardio, one core and one flexibility workout. She also includes a fit test. These are high intensity, so I would put them on par with some insanity workouts. You usually use a couple sets of weights (light & heavy), and there is also a band that is included in the set. Most of the strength moves are compound. At first I was feeling some soreness in my knees, but I have stopped feeling that after the first week. The longest workout is 65 min., so all the rest run around 40-60 min. The core workout is 20 min. I sweat buckets when doing these, and am constantly having to use my towel to wipe my face. Like the above poster said, Michelle is encouraging but not a cheerleader. Her husband is in some of the workouts also, so that is pretty cool. Most of the workouts are structured as Basecamp, Ascent, Climb and then Peak. Basecamp is mostly a easy side to side, so that you can get your HR down. Ascent is usually lower intensity, but start to get more intense as you go. Climb is where she gets your HR going with a few different moves. The Peak is usually a 30 sec. burst of one exercise. So you do something that she calls Atomic Lunges for that amount of time. She does two sets of the same circuit, to make a block. So you may do exercises on your right side, and then on the next circuit your left. Hope this has helped you some.

Thanks for giving such a detailed review of Peak Fit! I ordered mine this week, so I'll be starting in a week or so.