annoyed!

Options
I treated myslf with Mcdonalds for lunch (not too uhealthy, I did get nuggets but the only other thing I got was a yogurt parfait). So I pulled up to the drive-thru and ordered the 6 piece nuggets....the lady says 10 piece? I said no, 6. Well you can get a 10 piece for just a 1.99. No thanks, just 6.

So I get up to the window to pay and she said, you sure you don't want a 10 piece for $1.99? No thanks, just 6.

Ahhh, stop trying to make me fat! I realize the price per nugget is better to get more, but my waistline does not agree, and really, I am fine with the fact that I may be wasting .05 cents per nugget by not upgrading.:grumble:

Replies

• Desiderata
    Options
    unfortunately, bad food is always cheap :( great job not giving in, thats something im currently struggling with
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Next time, point out the calorie difference, how much that adds up to in a year, and tell her if she asks one more time you're assuming you look too fit.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Next time, point out the calorie difference, how much that adds up to in a year, and tell her if she asks one more time you're assuming you look too fit.

I LOVE it!!! Wish I could think that fast on my feet! What a perfect comeback!
  • jilk
    jilk Posts: 3
    Options
    You should see the looks I get when I order one hamburger and an bottle of water!

Watch the movie FOOD Inc. and you will never eat at a fast food restaurant again.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    You should see the looks I get when I order one hamburger and an bottle of water!

Watch the movie FOOD Inc. and you will never eat at a fast food restaurant again.
    I love those movies cause theyre so informational...but it didnt stop me ....lol the sickest part is when i watched supersize me for the first time i paused it midway through and got mcdonalds lol
  • JeninNT
    JeninNT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once at Subway. You can make that a footlong for $5.00! Do you want cheese? No? Are you sure? It's only 50 cents. Double meat? Really? Did I mention the $5.00 footlong deal??!

GAH!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every time I order pizza. There's always some crazy deal or promotion going on ...

They never believe me when I tell them I'd just like one medium pizza (for a family of three), when I could get a large for just $2 more (or whatever). Then again ... I used to be the kind of guy that would order two large pizzas and live off nothing but leftover pizza for the next two days.

As someone who worked in the food service industry years ago, I can tell you that the management is probably constantly telling the staff to "suggestive sell" or "sell up".

Often, the employee is just trying to be helpful and offer you the best value for your money, albeit at the expense of your waistline.

I just try not to take it personally, and move on.