Getting Bulky; Trying to lose 10 lbs on Grapefruit Diet

Options

Replies

• SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Sorry, but this nonsense.

Also, your muscle 'gains' are water retention and swelling.

This. Oh dang, you didn't want opinions, sorry I forgot.

^this! There are so many posts that i want to quote here it is hilarious!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    mal-what.gif
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    WTG!:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but this nonsense.

Also, your muscle 'gains' are water retention and swelling.

This. Oh dang, you didn't want opinions, sorry I forgot.

I wonder if she wants facts - as its a fact that she did not see loads of muscle gainz.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    A note for any personal trainers, nutritionists, or other types of know-it-alls who will predictably post their self-righteous opinions on the efficacy of the grapefruit diet : I AM ALREADY AWARE you think the diet is nonsense. However, I DON'T CARE about your opinion on my decision to embark on this eating plan, nor do I want to read about it. Do me and everyone else who asks for feedback on whether or not a diet has worked for other members a hhhuugggeee favor: Keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself!!!!! Sorry that I have to be so rude about it, but unfortunately, every. single. time. I come across a thread where someone asks if XYZ has worked for others, there's an overabundance of condescending "experts" who think they are imparting some sort of wisdom every time they regurgitate the old "slow and steady weight loss" matra. Enough already.

U_MAD_obama.JPG
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, be nice. We all know that crash diets are the best way to loose weight and keep it off long term. They are also the best way to get the important nutrients needed for intense workouts like Crossfit. :laugh:
  • truckinwife
    Options
    I wouldn't even start this diet, and honestly you posted it so I will reply to it. The grapefruit diet is one of the many ways I messed my body up. I am no expert, nor do I want to be but I think pushing way from the table, increasing movement, and healthy choices are better in long run.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    All I will say is if you're on any medications be sure to check with your doctor first. Grapefruit can effect how your body absorbs certain medications (anti-depressants, blood pressure etc) and allow them to build up in your system to dangerous and sometimes fatal levels. Be safe and good luck.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I come across a thread where someone asks if XYZ has worked for others, there's an overabundance of condescending "experts" who think they are imparting some sort of wisdom every time they regurgitate the old "slow and steady weight loss" matra. Enough already.
    People say that because it's true. Just like you didn't gain muscle from 2 weeks of Crossfit, a crash diet won't help you meet long term weight loss goals. There are no shortcuts. Get over it.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit diet? What year is this?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    sensing a lot of rage in this post......so before you go all postal, turn green, and throw a fit, maybe try some anger management or anything to center your chi......no need to go SMAAAASH SMAAAASH SMAAAASH right off the bat.......\m/

u_mad.gif \m/
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You must go to a horrible CrossFit box if they haven't taught you anything about nutrition. Even paleo and primal aren't as stupid as this.

I don't know if you know this but you need to properly fuel your body in order to get optimum performance out of it. Good luck with CF workouts while eating only grapefruit.

And how do you know you're gaining muscle? Probably not happening, at least not to the extent that you think it is.

ETA: CrossFit isn't a magic weightloss tool either, your coaches should've told you that too. Check your diet, create a deficit and you'll start losing weight, at a healthy rate... soooo like 0.5 to 1lb/week.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    you tell us what you are doing, but don't want us to help or give an opinion....why even start this thread...i would seek professional assistance since you don't want ours.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    A note for any personal trainers, nutritionists, or other types of know-it-alls who will predictably post their self-righteous opinions on the efficacy of the grapefruit diet : I AM ALREADY AWARE you think the diet is nonsense. However, I DON'T CARE about your opinion on my decision to embark on this eating plan, nor do I want to read about it. Do me and everyone else who asks for feedback on whether or not a diet has worked for other members a hhhuugggeee favor: Keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself!!!!! Sorry that I have to be so rude about it, but unfortunately, every. single. time. I come across a thread where someone asks if XYZ has worked for others, there's an overabundance of condescending "experts" who think they are imparting some sort of wisdom every time they regurgitate the old "slow and steady weight loss" matra. Enough already.
    So you only want comments from people that will tell you exactly what you want to hear, as opposed to telling you the truth? Ok then, I'll just be over in the corner at my desk.

blackadder-headdesk-o.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "great deal of muscle in 2 weeks"
  • psagacious
    Options
    I didn't say I'm uninterested in hearing any opinions--- I asked for the "experts" to refrain from the usual lectures.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, be nice. We all know that crash diets are the best way to loose weight and keep it off long term. They are also the best way to get the important nutrients needed for intense workouts like Crossfit. :laugh:

Yup. It's the perfect "elite nutrition" to go with the "elite fitness".
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I didn't say I'm uninterested in hearing any opinions--- I asked for the "experts" to refrain from the usual lectures.

So the experts that don't do fad diets but still have lost major amounts of weight, have a sustainable and enjoyable diet, and don't starve their bodies?

Yeah, they sound like idiots.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Delusion