What do you take for lunch?

Options
Kristen_nicole95
Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
I am getting bored with the same sandwich everyday. So I'm wondering what you favorite
things are to take for lunch. Also sides with a sandwich would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from my dinner the night before. It is easy to just heat up and you already know the calorie count.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do leftovers quite often. I also bring vegetables, fruit, and string cheese. I work 12 hour shifts so I tend to bring 2 meals and snacks for every 2 hours inbetween. When I do sanwiches I try to change those up too. Sometimes turkey, sometimes chicken, sometimes I go back to the childhood and bring PB&J. =) My favorite things to put on sandwiches are lettice, green peppers and cucumbers and like provolone or swiss cheese, something less in calories.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of wraps, with meat and salad. Spicy chicken is awesome in wraps. :D I take peanuts as well to snack on, and maybe some cucumber slices. Yum :)
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use Hungry Girl's Fold it Sandwich breads (only 100 Calories for the whole bread Fold-it) Then I add chicken breast, turkey, or some type of lunch meat with some flavored hummus and ultra thin sargento cheese. I then put it on our panini grill...DELISH! I often make one for dinner, and make an extra for the next day for lunch!
  • AudreyinNC
    Options
    I like something warm with my cold sandwich, I like the green giant veggies for one. They come in different flavors.
    Also like healthy soups, make sure to check the sodium levels though they can be high in some.
    I always the whole wheat sandwich rounds or skinnys LOVE THEM. Try getting your meat, different flavors from the deli. You don't have to give up your healthy sandwiches, just switch up what you bring to go along with them. I know it can get so boring sometimes! Oh, try grilling some cajun chicken tenders and bringing your salad. I love doing those for lunch.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch lately is about 2 cups of mashed butternut squash and a can of garbanzos, with garam masala spice added.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave? I like to take veggie stirfry with brown rice, yellow dal over basmati rice, or chickpea and quinoa curries. If you have time to cook on a Sunday or one evening after work you can make a batch of something that will last for a few meals. But you may get bored of whatever you made by the end of the week!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    leftovers from the night before or a big salad with a can of chicken or tuna on top
  • GGJane
    GGJane Posts: 15
    Options
    I work third shift so eating during the night is hard for me, but I know it isn't good to come home, eat then go to bed! I plan to try to take easy things to eat like apple slices with yogurt for dipping, celery sticks with a teaspoon of peanut butter, then a few ounces of turkey for a snack break (white meat no skin). I really like a spinach salad with a light or fat free dressing with 1 ounce of low fat cheese shredded in it. I wonder how many soups there are on the market that are low in sodium, fat, calories and carbs? I might check on that. I also eat lots of tuna in water and a hard boiled egg. J
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I mix it up chicken salad wrap some days then I might have soup I always have a go-ahead bar and some fruit to snack on
  • peter236uk
    Options
    question whats a cup ?
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love high quality Albacore with some low cal mayo/olive oil...and some fat free crackers. I'm a Costco member- the Kirkland Albacore is out of this world delish! I love the individual servings of Fage with the sweetening flavors-- pomegranate cherry is my fav....a filling low fat low cal snack...
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    question whats a cup ?
    8 oz or a half pint. In metric, that is about 240 mL.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I will take 4 boiled eggs, a salad with 4 cups spinach, tomatoes, lite vinaigrette dressing, and 1/2 non-fat cottage cheese. I might also have a green apple sliced and peanut butter, and 5oz of vegetable juice. For snacks before and after lunch, I might have some non fat yogurt, and a banana. That's one idea. Other times, I just take leftovers from dinner. I always try to make extra dinner so I have lunch the next day.
  • peter236uk
    Options
    Many thanks always confuses me when they say a cup ta :-)
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Many thanks always confuses me when they say a cup ta :-)
    I understand! I hate it when people mix measurements, too, like grams per pound. Happens all the time in my line of work!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like to bake a couple of potatoes and take one daily with a couple of servings of veggies
  • sherilyn1203
    Options
    I like to cook for the week on my day off and the food lasts for about three days...one such recipe included "ricing" califlower and sauteing that with onion and mushroom...then adding cooked chicken.....tasted excellent and was healthy!:smile:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy option: cold pizza

Healthy option: pre-cook a pack of stir-fry veggies and eat cold with a pack or two of bernard matthew's turkey breast chunks.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My hubby makes me a nice salad with about 2 cups of romaine & spinach mix, onions, bell peppers, cucumber and tomato. I top mine with cottage cheese. He uses shredded cheese and some type of meat (left over chicken breast, pork chop, steak, fish) cut up and some dressing. To go with my salad I'll have a wrap with more romaine or spinach, tomato and onion and either some chicken salad, tuna salad or hummus and cucumber. If I'm in a rush I will sub out the sandwich/wrap for a frozen Health Choice or Smart Ones meal. I look for ones in the 300-400 mg of sodium range.