Striiv V fitbit

Options
Which one would you recommend so that I can see calories both eaton and burnt?

Thank you

Keith (UK)

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 heart rate monitor(HRM) which shows time and calories burned.It is more accurate then the Fit bit.
  • kestreluk
    kestreluk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you ????
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use a polar FT4 along with the fitbit. Polar is great for excercise but not so great for everyday burn while fitbit is great for those everyday tasks but not so hot on the excercise as it does not measure intensity. Together they give me a pretty accurate idea of my daily burn :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I find the STRIIV app very inaccurate. You can by the new STRIIV play which is like a fitbit and makes it more accurate. I'm going to get the fitbit for accuracy and the detailed data and use the app for extracmotivation.
  • ariscruz
    ariscruz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Both of the apps / devices are guestimates based on movement, but pretty handy to give guidance towards your calories burned.
    Striiv is a big battery drain, but can't beat a free pedometer app. The fitbit works for a better daily use and the battery lasts 7-10 days for my ultra.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Agree about the battery drain. I just use it at home where I use the challenges to stop me sitting on the couch for too long. Don't think I could use it all day.
    Have you looked at the Bodymedia fit. Supposed to be an alternative to the Fitbit/HRM combination.
  • kestreluk
    kestreluk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you