What weight did guys start hitting on you?

Options
13»

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    5'3
    SW 295
    CW 240

I started to get attention from guys recently. When I was 180 guys would stop in their tracks and stare at me. I dunno what's going to happen when I get to my goal of 140; but I am married so it really doesn't matter.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on --- never realized that i must be a real Ahole...eeeek lol
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Height:5'3"
    SW:182
    CW:150
    Of recent years, I've mostly been in the 160s (I only shot up to 182 for a couple months), and I have to say I'm not the type to get hit on much. I noticed looks today. Maybe I'm scary? Then again, you won't find me in bars yet either at 19.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    5'3.5"
    SW 175
    Current 150ish

I never didn't get hit on, but I get hit on a lot more now, and these days there's a quality guy thrown in every once in a while. Although I still never get hit on in bars.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Always been hit on by guys...larger or thinner, and quite a bit even when pregnant (wtf is with that!)...the only difference is now they get whiplash... bahahaha....
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    I've been bigger and smaller. Either I don't get "hit on" or I don't notice if I do.

I think this too. I maybe get hit on online, but in person .....never. unless im just that clueless??
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have I gotten more attention from guys since losing weight? Yes. But do I think my trimmer figure is the only reason? No.

My confidence is much higher, and I've figured out how to dress my figure. (Having the choice of high street clothes definitely helps!) I wear more dresses, have banished sweatshirts and hoodies to the back of my closet, and have discovered the magic of the skinny jeans/high boots combo for the English autumn and winter. It's the way I hold myself. I walk with my head up now, and I think that's what people notice as opposed to my clothing size. This started as soon as I made that commitment to being healthier. After losing only 5-10 pounds with MFP, that confidence shone through and I was getting more male attention on the street.

I've never had a very positive body image, but over the past several months my relationship with my body has gotten better and healthier (in every sense of the word). I love myself more and it shows!

=)

(5'7.5", SW: 251.6, CW: 200.0)
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I've been bigger and smaller. Either I don't get "hit on" or I don't notice if I do.

Same.

Same here...didn't get hit on at 250+ and now at 138 I dont notice it. Doubt I will notice it when I lose the remainder.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    There will always be catfish and a pulse is the only requirement. improving your aesthetics won't do anything for the quality of men you attract.
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 115ish. I think when I was heavier, about 125-135 and more athletic I got more attention though. That might be because I cared less about what I looked like and just enjoyed life, or it might be because I had a strong, athletic build.. At my lower weights, I never received good attention. Self explanatory I guess though when you're too small.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Bears (bigger gay guys) always hit on me.

I'm not gay though. :sad:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    1. 5'7" ish
    2. SW 190
    3. Not yet... and I'm 140 now...the locals have no taste! (or that's what I keep telling myself :laugh: )
  • be_dazzled
    be_dazzled Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1. 5'7
    2. 258
    3. Currently 140 Men have always hit on me (hourglass shape, big boobs) but they are much more persistent now. I'm honest enough to admit that I quite like the attention so I'm not complaining :)
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    What is your
    1. Height,
    2. Starting weight
    3. Weight men started noticing you?

Social height: 5' 8." [Real height: 5'10" - no heels]
    Starting weight: 287 lb

I've been at every weight class. I'd been at size 0. I'd been at the fitness 2-4 - toned@6-12% bf. And I'd just exited the medically obese category, now on my way back down. Throughout each weight class/dress size - guys don't/didn't stop! If they like you - they'll hit on you - from my experience. Size change doesn't alter their intentions. Who they hit on, is highly dependent on their preference meters.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and I started at 190 lbs.
    I noticed the change in male attention at around 160 lbs. I've always been very friendly and approachable, so guys have always spoken to me in a Friend-Zone way, but only after losing 30 lbs have I noticed a difference in the way they treat me.
    Either way, I don't really get much flirting because I mention my boyfriend of 3 years or because I'm a little on the weird side :)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    What is your
    1. Height,
    2. Starting weight
    3. Weight men started noticing you?

1 Height: I'm socially 5' 9" [but really I'm 6ft without shoes]
    2 Starting Weight: 285 - 287 lbs

I grew up athletic/chubby, never going beyond an American size 14 (not to be confused with an American 14W) - Always dancing around the British size 12 (at the most size 14 - time of the month's clothing). I never had a problem with guys, and oftentimes, even I would say they were a little too hot for me. I mean - they were always very physical men.

Now when I was 21, I decided to lose weight - my extra poundage. In my woman's mind, I thought my fiance would be happy. He was not. He didn't want me at a size 10 or less. Me at a British size 8 was gross to him, so I left him. Fast forward - I got back into the cycle.

So there should be a warning sign. If you love your man, and if your motivation to lose weight is to please him - please be certain he likes his women that much smaller, otherwise if you care about how he wants your body - you are creating a conflict.

Edited: Added word "size"