female question

Options
a question for the women on here....how much weight do you gain during your time of the month..if any? how do you compensate for it?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I've found the more I lose, the more I gain in fluctuations. A few days before ovulation, I gain about a pound and a half now, and just before af shows up, I'm up 3 pounds now. I don't stress over it, I know it's only water retention and will be back off as quickly as it showed up.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is the same - I don't gain during my TOM but actually drop a few lbs. Then in the week or 2 after the bleeding stops, the loss usually slows or stagnates. Oddly enough, I actually look forward to my TOM because of this...
  • Mrs_Phx
    Options
    My weight fluctuates from 3 to sometimes 7lb. Couple days before it starts, I have cravings for different foods, and not exactly healthy choice foods. Couple day into it - I am usually getting back.
  • madworld1
    Options
    From 3-8 pounds. I am miserable that tom.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The scales say about 2lb...but it feels like a ton as I'm so bloated and lethargic!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I usually plateau the week before, but I don't gain. I don't eat anything different so I think the plateau is compensation for what I would have lost were it not for water weight. :ohwell:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is the same - I don't gain during my TOM but actually drop a few lbs. Then in the week or 2 after the bleeding stops, the loss usually slows or stagnates. Oddly enough, I actually look forward to my TOM because of this...

I also drop slightly when i get mine. I can never join in on all the topics of the girls venting their frustrations over TOM lol...
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Maybe 3 pounds? I've found it isn't as drastic if I watch my sodium and drink a ton of water (and get enough sleep).
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    About 4 pounds or so of water weights. Plus insane cravings of anything carbs..and sugar..and fat. :grumble:
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-4lbs, but it's gone again a few days after if I drink lots of water, so I just try not to weigh in on those days!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just feel bloated and gain about 3 lbs but I don't do anything to "correct" it, it's part of being a lady hahaha
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    so far I still lose no matter what time of the month it is.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain about 3lbs during that week but it just disappears when I finish...spooky

My boobs swell up massively as well.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    between 2-3lbs!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Water retention is very common during shark week. If you stay within calories and drink extra water and you shouldn't see much of any weight gain, and any that you do should come off soon after.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    a question for the women on here....how much weight do you gain during your time of the month..if any? how do you compensate for it?

My menses started yesterday and I'd lost half a pound. Today - I'd lost 6 lbs.

I find that shortly before and during my menses, that I do add on more calories - usually at breakfast, and only if and when I feel very hungry, then a semi-heavy dunch is how I compensate for the needed fuel. Other than that, it's usually a light dinner, like a piece of fruit.

By preference, I am more workout and activity driven throughout my menses - where I can clock more workouts, for I am more energised at the time. But it's kinda genetic, for we're all like that - we'll even spring clean throughout the year lol - we'll fix things - it gets annoying for it turns into a home depot diy day over the duration from start to end.

My biological female health history might have something to do with my oddities. My female ancestors don't only live long (centurions), but bled regularly on point way beyond the norm. So I don't know if the workouts plus the increased activities have anything to do with the weight decline, where very little fuel is enough to sustain me or whether it's genetic. My sister is 2 days ahead of me with her cycle, and I think she'd lost 3 lbs, only that I'm the double-digit lb loss person. It was worse when I was smaller, for I'd looked gaunt, sometimes emaciated, where I'd just totally avoid adorning anything grey or green.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different; some months I have no water weight gain and some months I have 2 lbs of water weight. The more I keep away from gluten and dairy the less PMS (and therefore bloating and water weight gain) I have. This month b/c of Thanksgiving...I"m having BAD PMS...I feel lousy and I am not even going to weigh myself. I can tell you I'm bloated, miserable and moody. Maybe I need a shot of Vitex...my husband would probably be grateful for me taking that and maybe I'll drink a cup of PMS tea while I'm at it.