Trying something new

Options
Ok, so I usually just come onto a sight like this and use the tools, but don't really get into the groups. Let me tell you how that's working....it's not. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teen. Not to a great degree though, until after I had my first child ( I have 3 now, and 2 step-daughters for a total of 5). I used to be a muscular large build (about 155-160) and at 5' 8" not bad. Now I weigh 242 currently. I have managed to lose some this time around, started at 265. I am not wanting another failure on this journey. My all time high was 275, I NEVER want to see that again!! I look at old pictures of my self back then, and it truly scared me. I want to be healthy and feel as young as I really am. I am tired of being just plain worn out. My fiance and I are getting married this summer, and I really want to be under the 200 pound mark on that day. I have only briefly been under that mark since I began my family, and that was with the use of Ripped Fuel. Not really that healthy. I am trying to log in 30 minutes of exercise each day, and am counting all calories that I am consuming. I wish everyone on this site the best luck as we all try to reach our goals.

Replies

• Desiderata
    Options
    wow that is truly an inspirational story. You have the want and drive to get to where you want to be; thats a start. now, you have the friends and supporters of MFP to help you along. best of luck! we're all in this together :D
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Being involved here is the best motivation you can have. I too have struggled all my life with weight, all the time alone (even with family around, it was a solitary journey). When I first joined MFP I only intended to use the tools, not really get involved with any postings or other people, but then I started reading some of the posts, then relpying to them, and suddenly, people started sending me friend requests and then I started sending them out. WOW!!! What a big difference that has made! There are so many great people here who just want you to succeed and who are in the same boat you are, you can't help but look forward to logging in and seeing what's up! So while your logged in, might as well add up those calories, and then all of a sudden you are losing the weight and having fun too!
    You can do this, I KNOW you can! You are going to be the most beautiful HEALTHY bride for your new husband this summer, I can't WAIT to see your progress!
    Good luck and welcome to the rest of MFP!
    Hugs:flowerforyou:
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I have found this site to be very helpful. Becoming aware of how many calories are in the foods that I eat has been a bit of a shock. I am beginning to learn what I can and can not eat. I have also learned that exercise and calories go hand in hand. (Exercise ='s more food. ) You can do it!!!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i too started out with just the tools. i'm not much of a chat person on any site i use on the web, but i got started in a couple of groups and i'm really enjoying it.

part of it is changing your food & exercise habits to build a new healthy lifestyle is all consuming, and yet i didn't want to be the person who can only talk about one subject every where i go. So, getting to chat here with folks who really understand my journey, sharing & comparing; helps me "get it out of my system" a bit (so i'm not johnny one-note to everyone who knows me at home).

one of my groups "eat healthy; get fit; lose 100+ new group...part 2" started in january and has been great support. we set weekly challenges, check in with our weight weekly, it helps me to know i'm accountable. it matters that i check in with them. (yes, ultimately we must all do this alone, but support can help, and inspiration can be just what we need on a tough day)
    feel free to come see us or any of the other great groups here. -katie