Calculating calories in a recipe

Options
Can someone refer me to a website where I can plug in ingredients for a multi serving recipe and get the nutiritonal breakdown per serving (per cup would be best because I don't have a scale). I'm going to make a big pot of pork and beer chilli today... not exactly equivalent to your regular canned variety.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Can someone refer me to a website where I can plug in ingredients for a multi serving recipe and get the nutiritonal breakdown per serving (per cup would be best because I don't have a scale). I'm going to make a big pot of pork and beer chilli today... not exactly equivalent to your regular canned variety.

www.myfitnesspal.com
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try this website:
    www.myfitnesspal.com
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    You can do it on MFP, under the foods tab is 'Recipes' - plug in all your ingredients, specify the number of servings and voila!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    lol
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    IN for chili!
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You can do it on MFP, under the foods tab is 'Recipes' - plug in all your ingredients, specify the number of servings and voila!

This

You will have to determine the number of servings yourself but you can use cups, or weight or even ladlefuls for serving size.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thanks smart a**es.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
    i think that works the same way the recipe one on here does, but you can try that and see if it is what you are looking for
  • RobynLB
    Options
    Thanks smart a**es.

I've never tried the recipe function on here. Works pretty well, except that I will need to measure the full yeild and re-enter the servings if I want that accurate. I'm guessing a soup pot is 4 quarts... so my recipie probably yields about 12 cups?
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always portion it out prior to putting it through the calculator. I get the servings I'm going to eat right then and put the rest in individually portioned Tupperware containers and then figure out the total servings from there. Portioning out immediately after cooking helps it cool faster so I can get it in the fridge sooner, plus it discourages me from over-eating.
  • RobynLB
    Options
    I always portion it out prior to putting it through the calculator. I get the servings I'm going to eat right then and put the rest in individually portioned Tupperware containers and then figure out the total servings from there. Portioning out immediately after cooking helps it cool faster so I can get it in the fridge sooner, plus it discourages me from over-eating.

Great idea!