Hard boiled Eggs

Options
I am looking at snacks and I like hard boiled eggs but the cholesterol is making me worry that I will do more harm then good. I workout about an hour and a half a day so I don't burn 1000 calories and such. Any advice? Or do I need to keep them to a once in a while snack?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    The cholesterol in food does not contribute to blood cholesterol. That myth has been dispelled. Eat eggs if you like them. They are nutritional powerhouses.

You can Google the cholesterol thing. Go to a reputable site like PubMed, WebMD, MayoClinic, etc.

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't as bad for you as people think.

They are a really good thing to include in your diet. A lot of people here eat them multiple times a day/week. Unless you have a cholesterol problem eggs won't harm you.

What do you mean by you don't burn 1000 calories? You don't need to workout the burn that much.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Unless you eat a lot of high cholesterol food during a day... why worry for a lil egg?

My breakfast is a coffee and a hardboiled egg... and im perfectly healthy. The rest of my day is usually a soup, low fat meat and veggies.

If you are that worried... take out the yellow part.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs and have them often, I was brought up having them most days. I agree they are a good thing to have in your diet.
  • mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want them daily and I find w/o the yellow part they are not as filling for a snack, maybe that's just craziness in my head. The workout reference was in part to working out to help fight off bad cholesterol so I worried if I don't do a lot of exercise it wouldn't cancel out. But after reading the responses I won't worry about that part. Thank you all for your responses!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 hard boiled eggs per day and I check my cholesterol(blood tests) every three months and my cholesterol level is perfect.