Diet Coke

Options
I have heard mixed reviews. I really don't like it.. but need the caffeine and like the carbonation! I am a Coca-Cola girl.

BUT what I am asking is... Does it hinder the weight loss? Do I need to drink 3489483 gallons of water after drinking one so I can knock out that possible water gain from all the sodium? OR is it wonderful and counts as drinking AIR?

Does this make any sense? I hope so! :wink:

Replies

• MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    I've heard it's not healthy but you can lose weight with it it doesn't have any calories
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I don't care if its terrible for me and gonna give me cancer one day. I'm a self admitted addict!!!! Can't live without my Diet Coke!
  • annieissocool
    Options
    Yeah I just don't want it to HINDER the weight loss.. but I need caffeine and its easy.. BOO!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    It didn't hinder the process for me. I like Coke Zero better than Diet Coke, though. :)
  • annieissocool
    Options
    I do too! I always forget about coke zero! and okay good! Thanks!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    regular pop is all carbohydrates so go for diet because it has no calories, carbs or anything that adds extra bread (carbs)
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke also...and there isn't much sodium in it...I drink the fountain type tho, I like it better...
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Coke and Diet Sprite but I only have the caffeine first thing in the morning(I don't drink coffee). It hasn't caused any problems in my weight loss journey.
  • tre9292
    Options
    it's my one vice. i know people say bad things about the chemicals...but i don't drink or smoke and lots of people do that too! :)

and it hasn't hindered my weight loss. but too much of anything isn't good. i stick to a can a day :)
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have drank diet coke or diet fanta from day 1. It never made me feel hungrier and has never affected my weightloss. I knew it was the last thing i was going to be able to get rid of, so I'm still fighting to ditch the diet coke as well. I'm trying to only drink water now, because it's loaded with artificial sweeteners and i don't want those in my system
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The reasoning I've heard is "it makes you crave sweet things".
    If you find it does this, maybe best to avoid it.

The research this is based on is related to rats not humans

Me and many others who are not rats find the opposite is true, if anything.

You can always get caffeine pills instead - but me, I like Coke Zero.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is that its not healthy for you. There is no redeeming quality about it. If you drink it in moderation though it should not hinder your weight loss. Personally, I quit drinking diet Pepsi (which I loved for years) and all other sodas on 8/1 and have never looked back.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I know loads of people who have lost weight and still drank diet coke and coke zero. I drink them and diet lemonade.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I <3 diet coke and never had any problems before losing weight on it!
  • childrenrus
    childrenrus Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use to drink diet coke on a daily basis but have cut it down now to about 2 maybe 3 a week! The best flavour is diet coke with either cherry or lemon..lush!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hubby was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma and I am convinced his diet coke habit contributed significantly to it:

http://www.naturalnews.com/037772_aspartame_leukemia_lymphoma.html
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is that its not healthy for you.
    Care to provide some research that proves that?
    There is no redeeming quality about it.
    It's low calories, tasty and the fizz helps fill me up.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like the zevia sodas, a little pricey but they are all natural and no calories
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    38 pounds in 4 months - still drinking diet pop as much as I want. hasn't hindered me.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    regular pop is all carbohydrates so go for diet because it has no calories, carbs or anything that adds extra bread (carbs)
    What?

Carbs are not just bread.