going to apply for a police job

Options
Hello I have always wanted to be a police officer. Im going tomorow to the station and try get a form. I just want advice on what to expect.

Replies

• cg2cop
    cg2cop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Expect to get a job application like any other job. You'll likley be expected to complete an extensive back ground check including all of your skeletons in the closet, any drug use, personal relationships, financial stability etc. Eventually you'l attend and complete a police academy-more on that if you get the job. Be honest, don't lie or try to hide things. If you don't reveal something they ask, it's considered being untruthful and you'll be D-Qued. Good luck
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    At one point I thought I wanted to be an officer. After the initial application, I believe I had to take a test and then since I passed that I had to pass certain physical tasks such as stretching, sit-ups etc. Unfortunately I didn't pass those. Do you have a college degree? If you don't, you will need to go back to school if you get the job. At least around here you are required to get your degree within a couple years after starting the job. Good luck to you.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Expect to get a job application like any other job. You'll likley be expected to complete an extensive back ground check including all of your skeletons in the closet, any drug use, personal relationships, financial stability etc. Eventually you'l attend and complete a police academy-more on that if you get the job. Be honest, don't lie or try to hide things. If you don't reveal something they ask, it's considered being untruthful and you'll be D-Qued. Good luck

i want to help the comunity i want to be a police officer i will tell them everything no point lying
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    At one point I thought I wanted to be an officer. After the initial application, I believe I had to take a test and then since I passed that I had to pass certain physical tasks such as stretching, sit-ups etc. Unfortunately I didn't pass those. Do you have a college degree? If you don't, you will need to go back to school if you get the job. At least around here you are required to get your degree within a couple years after starting the job. Good luck to you.

i need to do revision my English is good Maths not so good but i belive if they want me to improve i can go college and study more i want this bad