Too much exercise?

Options
Is it bad to walk on my treadmill or outside every single day at a very fast pace? Or should I skip a day?
ThANK YOU
sue

Replies

• babybeeker14
    babybeeker14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ideally you should give your body a day or two per week to rest and recover. Working out too heavily on a daily basis and not allowing for a recovery period can lead to injury. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Capucine7
    Capucine7 Posts: 40
    Options
    Walking is natural. Do what feels right. If you feel you need a break take it if not I don't believe you need too. I walk every lunch hour for an hour and then 1 day during the weekend and then I take 1 lazy day and enjoy it.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    If you enjoy the routine of walking x minutes a day, just walk slower once a week for recovery time.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you're walking for long periods of time (1hr plus) everyday, you might want to give your body a break 1-2 times a week. At least try to do something else to give your legs a break. If it's 30 minutes every day, it shouldn't be a problem. The longer workouts will put a lot of stress on your ability to use, convert, and replenish your energy stores in the muscle, your blood stream, and liver. Allowing your body to catch up is a good thing there, since your body normally over compensates and you'll be stronger and better after a day of rest..
    It all comes back to if you feel ok doing it, then you should be fine. If you feel sluggish or tired, take a day off. Every body is different and everybody handles the physical stresses differently.
  • ahmaymaria
    Options
    I tend to let my body and mind tell me when to take a day off. If I have a bad workout, or am feeling more tired than usual, I take a day off. One's body does need to recover from the extra exertion, especially when one first starts to working out.