1200 calories?

Options
I'm really confused about how many calories a day i should eat. I have tried researching but i just get more confused. Currently i'm at 1200 a day... For the last few days my weight has been the exact same? Am i not eating enough? I'm thinking about upping my calories or should i wait and see? Does anyone have any advice based on personal experience?
Also, how many % should be from carbs, fat, and protein? And what would you recommend for salt and sugar intake?

Replies

• cutiepiex2123
    cutiepiex2123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    First, depending on how much you need to lose 1200 cals is enough. 2nd STOP weighing yourself every day; that's a big mistake I made. Once a week should be enough. Good luck!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm really confused about how many calories a day i should eat. I have tried researching but i just get more confused. Currently i'm at 1200 a day... For the last few days my weight has been the exact same? Am i not eating enough? I'm thinking about upping my calories or should i wait and see? Does anyone have any advice based on personal experience?
    Also, how many % should be from carbs, fat, and protein? And what would you recommend for salt and sugar intake?

My own personal experience - 1200 was not enough. Also, daily weighing is not going to be an accurate reflection of fat loss. I am a daily weigher myself, but it's just a habit, and I find it fascinating to see how I can go up and down several pounds during the week, but my clothes fit the same, or the measuring tape shows inches lost. The scale lies! :tongue: Well, it doesn't lie, but your daily weight isn't always the best measure of progress - just keep that in mind if you weigh yourself daily. If the fluctuations frustrate you, drop back to only weighing yourself weekly, or every two weeks.

Anyway, back to the 1200 - I found this topic to be very helpful in finding and setting my goals for calories, target body weight, body fat percentage, etc, etc: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

And I'm not the only one - there's a group for it as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7965-in-place-of-a-road-map

Read the topic, run your numbers through the tools in the links provided there, and follow the plan for manually changing your settings here at MFP. The percentages for setting your macros are given there as well. It's good stuff, check it out. :smile:
  • cutiepiex2123
    cutiepiex2123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)