Looking for happiness

Options
Hello all,

It took three days of Thanksgiving and leftovers and more leftovers for me to realize something: that always saying 'you won't feel that bad afterward,' 'you have to accept that eating a lot is who you are,' 'but it looks so good and tomorrow will be better' is just making me feel terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I want self control, which is something I've never had.

I'm 18 and in school, and I want to be able to focus on my work without getting up every few minutes to snack and binge, dang it!

So my basic goal, shared by everyone on here I'm sure, is this: count everything, literally everything, for two weeks. Once that two weeks passes, I'll see how it's going. I just want to make myself ACCOUNTABLE for once; hopefully, the self-control comes from there.

Replies

• towardthesunshine
    Options
    Would love to join you! I struggle with similar things... often eating out of boredom, or avoiding homework! Request sent :)
  • shhappiness
    Options
    Nice to meet you!

I did no better today...when does the guilt of knowing that I have to log everything actually set in? Because faced with an entire cake today, I DID think, "I'll need to log this later..." and then I thought, "Who cares?" and ate it mindlessly. All I know about how much I ate is that there's not much left. Why can't I control it?
  • handsome1228
    Options
    Hello,,

Today if you let me ...I'll join you in your struggle, but at least you'll have someone to do it together. I myself am a binge eater especially when am depress or stressed. It kind of makes it hard as I really don't have support that I need as my family is located in another state. I guess my repeated offense are due to the lack of moral support much needed. I have set small goals to myself but in between I'm going to need someone that I as well can share my progress and give me motivation and push me when I need it.