30 day challenge. Anyone up for an overhaul by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Somebody already started a Christmas Challenge group, but I don't know if it's related to this. We could start our own or join that one.

And I am so in on the 30 day/ 100 mile challenge.
  • lazymochabear
    Options
    I am hoping to have all my habits established by new years, so that when I do set my "New Year Resolutions" it's not some huge change in my lifestyle, but just continuing and improving the changes I already have been making. Plus there's no time like the present!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm on it =)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I don't have a weight loss by Christmas goal, but an exercise goal. Mostly, I just want my goal to be to do some form of exercise every day until Christmas (I have dogs, so the walking will count on "rest" days).
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'd love in! I realized yesterday that the 5k I wanted to do is next week- and I've done nothing to train and have gained weight so where I'm almost back at my peak weight. Not cool! Haven't exercised today but I did manage to document everything I've eaten and am within my calorie goal for the day, which is something I haven't done in months.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I need- I am in!!!! Good luck everyone!
  • cbellanger
    cbellanger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am starting phase 2 of 30DS tomorrow. I will be done just a few days after Christmas, so my goal for this next 30 days is to Wow my sister-in-law when she comes up for Christmas. I was her to see a noticeable difference from the last time she saw me just last month. Folks who are around all the time (including me, ha) can be fooled into thinking I look the same, but I am hoping that her absence will make my inches lost a wow factor I deserve!
  • benson123benson
    Options
    Hey this is precisely why I have just joined here!!!! To get some change in before crimbo!!! I am new so would really appreciate anyone that wants to be my buddy for some motivation!?! Thanks!! :)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! As of today, I weigh in at 188 lbs so it would be cool to get down to 178 lbs by Christmas (below the 180 lb mark on the scale). Today is a victory for me because I was teetering around 190 - 191 for a long time.

Going to be starting 30 Day Shred as soon as it arrives in the mail. Can't wait to get started on it. :smile:

Lets do this!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was already thinking about this and would love to do it, too! I seriously buckled down the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, exercising everyday and eating like a saint with fantastic results. The Thanksgiving holiday weekend has been fun with so much delicious food and drinks, but I am ready to get back to it. It will be a good challenge to go for 30 days this time! Lets do this!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this with you. I need a serious over haul because I actually want to join the service. As of right now the decision is between the ARMY and NAVY but either way I want active duty deployment. I know if I can lose this weight I can make it through basic. I'm doing this for myself, my family and my country and I want to be a success. It would really make a difference if I had someone who was like "hey how are you doing?" "Did you work out today.." ect. My overall goal is February.

I'm looking for the same thing! Friends to check in with... "hey did you work out? No?? Well get your butt up and do it then! " lol
    Good luck with your goals/basic training ... I'm sure you will get there!! :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    My husband is coming home 4 months early from deployment... He doesn't care what I look like, or whats going on. lol This is a personal goal.

Do as much as I can, follow the cleanest diet I can, work out the hardest I can... and be at my personal best 30 days from now. I know this goes against all rules... "this isn't a race" I get that. But sometimes, being under pressure helps!

Some people are in my shoes, or some people just feel ready to move past Thanksgiving, Or wanna look better by Christmas....

Whatever your case, You're welcome to join...

Only requirement is to be better in some way ... than you were 30 days before....
    Anyone with me??? I'd love the friendly competition and we can all do this! :)

This is a great idea! Thank you to your husband for his service to our country, too.

Are you forming a group, or will we just report here on the forums? I have found that groups are easier to keep track of, at least for me. I have stalled out on my loss this month due to 2 birthdays, my 24th wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, and just plain too much eating in general. I'm only back up 4 lbs, but am ready to get back on track! I want to see another 6lbs gone by Christmas.

Thanks, and I'll tell him :)
    I would LOVE to form a group.... I don't know how. Suppose I could just look into and figure it out. Seems way easier than checking back to the same forum post all the time lol .... Would I just then invite people who have responded here? Or can they join on their own?
    I'm with you! Life has been coming full force lately... ready to get back on track tho!!
  • tab0423
    Options
    Sign me up!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I started 30 day shred today, hopefully this gives me some accountability to actually do the DVD every day!!
    And I'm also trying to reduce my sugar intake at the moment - I just found out that I'm fructose intolerant, so no more sugary snacks for me!
    Feel free to add me, always happy to have new friends :)

I'm restarting 30Day Shred tomorrow! I've done it a couple times... never go past the 1st week. lol I'm determined to do the FULL 30 days this time tho! I'm also going to try to add in C25K ...its only 3 days a week for 30 min... I'm worth it! I'm going to make the time :)
    Good luck! I'll send you a FR.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive feed back! I'm so excited to get started! LOL... Thank you! :)

I'm going to look into starting a group... that way we can all get together and stay in touch.... If anyone has pointers on how to start one, let me know! Never done it before!
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    After my Thanksgiving feasting, I need some motivation to lose my last 10lbs, count me in.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    On top of the 5lbs weight loss... Anyone down for 100 miles by Christmas? I was going to just do it myself.. But, if I post it on here.. its real!!! And I will have to hold myself accountable! WHO IS WITH ME?!?

Love this idea too! I just got my 500 mile badge on my fitbit the other day... but I've had it about 6 months... trying to squeeze in a 100 miles in a month sounds doable, but still a challenge ... I'm in :)
  • nanadu
    nanadu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    count me in!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Ok, I started a group and invited everyone on the thread... Hopefully I did it right! (Again, never started a group before!)

If I missed you or didn't enter a name right, just let me know.. I'll fix it and/or invite you again....
    Thanks for all the support! Can't wait to get started :)
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this journey! Count me in for sure--just ordered PX90, too!