Women's plus size workout clothes

Options
Hello there :) any women out there have suggestions on where to find some (fashionable) plus size workout clothes? I just have big XL cotton t shirts and I'm looking for some new tops and bottoms. Thanks!

Replies

• NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Have you been to Walmart? I got yoga-style pants and decent tops there, the brand is Danskin. Very affordable and I believe they went up to at least a size 20.
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    target sells champion women's workout clothes...might want to check that out :)
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just want to say to any UK plus size ladies who check out this thread that Marks and Spencer, ASDA and New Look all have reasonably priced and pretty good workout gear in plus sizes :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is great for stuff like that, they usually always have them on sale or have coupons. They have a great active wear section. They only have XL and XXL but I've never had a problem fitting into their workout clothes. It says their XXL should be about size 20 but I can tell you that they fit larger than that. Plus they're comfy. I wear my yoga pants like everyday. :P They also have tons of shirts, capris, shorts etc.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I also shop Walmart...I get ALL my clothes there...."Just My Size"
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine online from lands end. If you wait till they have a good sale (hint... cyber monday is tomorrow) they aren't terribly pricey.
  • jjolynmill
    jjolynmill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have gotten some from The Academy sports store and some from Walmart. As I have been going down I got some things at Target also. Sometimes I will hit the mens section. Things over there aren't slim fitting.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Old Navy sells plus size online.

Also, Athelta is another one. And if you order online with Old Navy and Athleta, they are a "sister company" so they are all one shopping bag (along with a few other stores). I've never tried athelta because I find them to be pricey but my friend orders from them and seems to be happy with them. (she isn't plus size though, she's petite)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    old navy! the prices are good and the quality is much better than what i'd expect from ON.

i have several workout bottoms from there from a year ago and they still have worn out. the only reason why i'll be retiring them is because they are much too big now to be considered compression
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I was starting out, I found some cheap but nice-looking things on the JCPenny website. The brand is called Xersion, I think. The tops I had were brilliant, but while losing weight I found the trousers to be a let-down because the fit was very generous around the tummy for me and there's no tie to make them smaller.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    check out walmart! I was wondering where to get workout clothes in general and went to Meijer and they had clearance for $9 (to me thats NOT clearance)...so i went to Walmart and I was about to find shirts for $5 and shorts for $2!! I didnt get capri because those were $12 regular price and not marked down or i would of.

PS-- You could check the Goodwill. The only reason i didnt and havent is because im not sure where in the store theyd have it?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is good and Soma has some nice things, but they are more expensive.
  • Sarahneedstoshrink
    Options
    I saw some really cute sets at JcPenny yesterday and the prices were fair. The quality was great! super soft materials with nice prints.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really love Old Navy's activewear. Super comfy and actually somewhat cute! When there are sales it gets pretty cheap too. If you have a TJ Maxx near you, their clearance section is AMAZING! I got some yoga pants originally $92 for about $7. Loooove!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    check out walmart! I was wondering where to get workout clothes in general and went to Meijer and they had clearance for $9 (to me thats NOT clearance)...so i went to Walmart and I was about to find shirts for $5 and shorts for $2!! I didnt get capri because those were $12 regular price and not marked down or i would of.

PS-- You could check the Goodwill. The only reason i didnt and havent is because im not sure where in the store theyd have it?

I shop WalMart and Old Navy as well. I didnt think ON clothes would fit me but they do and are cute. I've had tons of luck getting shirts/tops from Goodwill but never any luck with pants. In our stores they just group all the shirts together by color and you have go through them to find the sizes you want. I've gotten workout shirts with the tags still on them for me, plus-sized, and and my daughter who is a women's size small.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i know this is semi old but check out "All About Sports". Its a used sports store! I just picked up 3 outfits for $12 from there! DO check the sizes because they run small.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump for Canadian ladies out there...

Many Sport Chek's have started carrying plus sized ladies clothing - some Columbia jackets/pants, etc. They also have work out clothes in the Diadora line, a good selection of tops (long and short sleeved and sleeveless), as well as a good range of yoga-style pants, capris and shorts. In addition, some may have the plus sized Nike line - these do run a little more form fitting, and they're definitely more expensive than the Diadora. (Before any questions, I work part time at a Sport Chek as a cashier, I see basically everything that goes in and out of my store!)

Hope you ladies have some good luck!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I bought everything at Target and Old Navy. The Target stuff is excellent quality and really held up; the Old Navy stuff didn't last as long, but by the time it was dying I was ready for a smaller size :) My first workout pants from Target were XXL - now I'm buying an S there! Shirts I went from XL to M.

Athleta also sells bigger sizes, but if you are losing weight, I probably wouldn't drop that cash on Athleta until later. The Target stuff is definitely decent and far cheaper!