New to all of this!

Options
Hi there, My name is Jennifer, I'm 23 and from England.
I keep trying to start to loose weight but keep falling back down, all because of my own faults yes but i want to stop now. I have recently started a new job which sees me going to live with my mum monday - friday and then coming home at weekends to my better half. And as much as he loves me just the way I am and still appreciates me fully I have been putting on weight every week and he wont say anything but I am beginning to notice and I don't like it.
When we first met I was 14st, I dropped to 12st and have been hovering around there for the last 2 years but in the last couple of months I have raised back up to about 13.7st dangerously close to where I was when we first met and where I don't want to be again.
I feel if people are watching what I eat and giving support and receiving it will help me greatly, I want to join a journey with someone but I can't afford to go to slimming world or weight watchers each week so I am going to try here properly.

Any way that is my story, whats yours? and what are your hints and tips?

Thanks for reading if you have.

xoxo

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My story began when I was 12 and gained 70 lbs. in a yr. I was injured severely in a car accident and just packed on the pounds. I have been obese ever since. 4 1/2 yrs. ago I had a heart attack that required open heart surgery to bypass 5 clogged coronary arteries. I packed on an additional 75 lbs. due to being laid up and on meds that caused wt. gain. I started my healthy lifestyle journey 14 mos. ago and have lost a lot of wt. but have another 50 lbs. to lose. I am physically disabled, so it is hard for me to do a lot exercises. Please feel free to add me for support.
  • jjolynmill
    jjolynmill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was an athlete in high school, in great shape running 3-5 miles a day. Then I was injured and had to sit out for a year and a half. The Doc was struggling to pinpoint my injury. Eventually he did exploratory surgery and was able to repair my hand. During my year and a half out I continued to eat like I was an athlete despite the fact I was outta commission. I got fat and depressed and fatter. I got so depressed I started on meds which again made me gain. I have been working at it and lost 60 lbs an I have been maintaining between a 50 and 60 pound loss for 2 years. Now I am ready to drive my weight down some more. Last year I ran 6 5k races but have yet to do one this year. I am gonna use the rest of this year to prepare for my next 5k. I have just started on this site and am looking for some people to partner with and encourage.