Active MFP friends that look at food diary's.

Options
I am looking for MFP friends that activly look at food diary's and give advice and support. And give kicks in the rear to hold me accounable.

Just go ahead and add me if you are active on here, give support and hold people accountable when needed.

If added then welcome to my turtle home. :laugh:

Replies

• taekwonkenpo
    Options
    anyone there.....No one loves me.....:sad: ..................no MFP food diary stalkers out there to yell at me for eating my wifes Christmas fudge......................:grumble: ..........................No one wants to be my friend.................:sad:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Probably too early for the supportive people. I know it's too early for me and it's almost 10a here.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I occasionally look at other's diaries. Mostly to get eating ideas from them when I get stuck in a rut and looking for low cal ideas. And I also belong to a group that does challenges and is very supportive. Helps me to move just by seeing all the exercise they are doing. Well sometimes I look at it and just feel tired thinking bout it!

I am older and rather new to this, only lost 16 lbs in 2 months, but am thinking am going to have to be on it for a very long time to lose the weight I want to lose. And that's ok, I am working at changing my lifestyle. And I don't really want to drop 30 lbs in 2 months as then I would have the loose skin issues. Just plodding along taking it one day at a time. Should be around my goal in a year.

Have had a couple rocky days recently on the food, but its ok. I am restarting today. Just taking it one day at a time.

So if you are looking for a gung ho person who exercises 2 hours a day and never strays on eating unhealthy then I probably wouldnt' be a good choice as a friend.

Its a journey, I am committed to logging my food, no matter what i eat and because I am logging I am making better choices and moving more. One day at a time. I should write up a 12 step program for overeating :P Am going to do a search on it. I bet someone already has!

I do go to alanon so am familiar with the 12 steps.....hmmm.

You can do this, you have already been very successful! I like your profile.
    C
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I am in the same ship. Just getting back on track from Thanksgiving and trying to do decent throw the holiday season. Just looking for support and a good kick in the rear when it is needed. :)
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I stalk food diaries :bigsmile:
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    welcome to my Turtle den suger bomb food diary stalker. :tongue:
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I read diaries. Sometimes I look at ideas from others. I have friends on here who rock when it comes to food choices. They are disciplined. I read theirs for inspiration. Others times I'm looking to see what works and what doesn't. If someone is complaining they aren't losing and I look at their diary I look for too few calories or meals of snack cakes etc. keep in mind I do NOT eat clean. At this point I choose not to. Not to say some day I won't but I still eat my favorite foods. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Added
  • Vaulti
    Options
    I'm craaazy new to all this so I didn't even think to look at other's diaries....well now I know there are options for looking into new ideas! :D

I know I'm about to try and get myself back on track from this entire month, at least until Christmas time again lol.

Cheers to all! ^_^
  • leahartmann
    Options
    I always looks at my friends diarys! I don´t judge what they are eating- I too have unhealthy choises- but I encourage when they are eating healthy. I´m not a crazy work out person, but I try to get something done every day, mostly long walks. But I´m also very serious about this, and expect my friends to be as well. I try to keep the amount of friends low, so I´m able to support every one, so I´m not to thrilled about having friends who are not serious. But if you can live with that, jump right in! :smile:
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a diary stalker but mine's not always pristine and probably quite different to yours as I'm English. Feel free to add though, my diary is open to friends.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I look at my friends food diarys and comment on them if necessary. I also keep my diary open and welcome comments to keep me accountable. i eat cleanly most of the time but probably too high carb and have a liking for red wine but thats my only vice and its not too often. You are very welcome to add me. I am english too but you might still get some ideas. i am also a night shift worker.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    I'm game. I could also use some help with advise on how I'm eating .
  • Mallory3215
    Mallory3215 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to look @ other food diaries to get ideas. It's nice to see something new you can try or something you should TOTALLY avoid! :)
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, although this past week has been full of birthdays and parties, and when I'm sociable my eating goes to pot :-/ but I try and make sure my fat and calories are within what they should be.

You're more than welcome to add me :)