30 Day Shred Question

Options
30 day shred says to buy some hand weights. How many pound weights do you suggest I buy for this workout?

Replies

• chelseaautumn
    chelseaautumn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you normally lift weights, I would recommend 5-7lb. If you are feeling SUPER strong, go for 7-10lbs. Normally, I would use 3-5 lbs and my arms were definitely fatiqued after the workout.
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i bought 5lb weights. it's not easy but not impossible ;)
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    5lb weights worked for me :) if you want to start without purchasing weights, just use water bottles. you could always fill them with something heavier than water, like sand or something.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great question. It was exactly what I was here to ask. And thanks for all the excellent replies. I have two five pound weights so this works out well. I am starting the work out tomorrow, I hope I can complete it. I watched it through this morning to make sure it was a reasonable goal. I did level 1 with the video, sans the jumping exercises because I didn't own a sports bra. Now I do and am ready for level 1. I also took "before" pictures so that I can view my progress.

On a side note, I really like Jillian's motivation method. She doesn't coddle, she pushes.