disappointed

Options
dont judge please but im just gonna put this out there. i joined this website to get support and answers but its like when i feel like i do no one helps or replies. everyone else says its an awesome website but im starting to disagree and been thinking about deleting my account. is there anyone out there that actually is determined as i am and willing to support others? or is it just like having to be the most popular here just to get some answers.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what kind of support are you looking for? what kind of questions do you need answered??

unfortunatly because of how many people on MFP, a lot of threads can get lost in the wind. sometimes i find that asking on my newsfeed is a better way to get answers.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Deleting your account is entirely up to you. No one else.
  • FloridaPops
    Options
    KMKGURL, a lot of us work, and I know we're in the holidays. I came on mfp via a friend of mine and I like the diary for the day. It helps me be accountable. Try the message boards, and friend some people. I've already made two friends since I've been here. But on a serious note.....if you're not receiving support, or not getting much of a response .....do NOT take it personally. Some people check in periodically.

Focus on your food diary and exercise goals.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what info you want. For support--you will get it from everywhere--especially those whom you ask to be friends. Always they will encourage you. If you want info about fitness and nutrition try the fitness threads; there's some people on here who really know what they are talking about with respect to working out and all. Did you start a thread or topic that no one responded to?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I guess the best advice in regards to finding support is to look for people who have things in common with you: similar weight and height, similar goals, who do similar exercise etc. Make friends with them and take the time to send them a message letting them know what your goals are and what you might need help with. Make sure you are giving lots of support out too. The more you give out the more you'll get back from people.
  • epcot6
    epcot6 Posts: 44
    Options
    This site has been a huge help to me. My advice is try and find some good friends on this site who will offer a support system. I also have better luck getting any questions answered or advice in my news feed rather than the forums.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    thank you all for responding! XD i have been looking for friends who have similar goals so we can help eachother out and ones who know a lot about nutrition and exercise for when i get into a hard place. Some of you have really good ideas about getting answered in the news feed rather than the forums so i will give that a try. sorry if i seemed to be kinda on the moody side but i just had to get it out lol im a very straight forward person who is very blunt and tells things how they are. I give lots of support out and i just want a tiny back is all.
  • matt1195
    Options
    I would love to support and ecourage you but only if youll do the same for me!!! I need it :) Add me if you like and lets start the encouragement!!!
  • chelseaautumn
    chelseaautumn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the others: people are CONSTANTLY posting and to be honest, I almost avoid the message boards because otherwise I would be overwhelmed. Or I will periodically "scan" the message board and post if something really grabs my attentions. For the most part, I look to my "friends" and post things on my news feed.
    Sorry you haven't found the support you needed, but hopefully you will have more success with the ideas included in the responses...
    Chelsea:flowerforyou:
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really try to offer a comment or two for my buds on here daily if possible. If you want you can friend me and I will try to do the same for you! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    dont judge please but im just gonna put this out there. i joined this website to get support and answers but its like when i feel like i do no one helps or replies. everyone else says its an awesome website but im starting to disagree and been thinking about deleting my account. is there anyone out there that actually is determined as i am and willing to support others? or is it just like having to be the most popular here just to get some answers.
    Glad you joined and it looks like by you starting this thread you're getting some direction and some new friends!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you get out of it what you put in, just like with workouts. If you spend time getting to know people here, and helping them with their trials and set backs and struggles, they will do the same with you.

But if you just show up here and expect that people will run to help you - thats the same as showing up at the gym and expecting the weight to fall off.

being here is not the trick - participating here is the trick :)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like what the others have said about finding people with like minded goals, perhaps in your area or whatever else makes you want to befriend them and then have them for support as opposed to the boards. Also, if posting on the boards, don't expect a lot from them and then if you do get something back, think of it as a bonus. I rarely post on the boards, but more so stick to my friends list and news feed.

I hope you're able to find what you're seeking.