50lbs lost, and a third of the way there!

Options
On the day before Thanksgiving (ha ha ha....) I hit a loss of 52lbs, which means I'm a third of the way to my goal! The end isn't quite in sight yet, but getting over fifty pounds feels like a really big milestone.

I can't remember the last time I was this weight. At least four years ago, when I was a junior in high school. People are noticing my weight loss and telling me how great I look. And I feel great! I still have bad days, and my roommates and I still go to a chinese buffet at least once a week, but it's all about making new choices on this new healthy lifestyle. For those curious, I eat a low-carb diet because of other health issues, while still watching calories and keeping an eye on my fat intake. And I'm not the best about exercising, but I'm resolved to head to the gym more during this next fifty pounds!

Comparison53lbs.png

From June 6th 2012 to November 25th 2012!

Replies

• Samantha5509
    Samantha5509 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great!!
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Just keep working at it.
    The other 2 thrids will come off.
    Just don't give up.
  • courageous_cara
    courageous_cara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats :)
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats on the first 50 lbs lost!!
  • mcash66
    mcash66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You're doing GREAT...keep up the good work....I'm about in the same boat...lost 35 and still have 60 to go...I also am not exercising much...but we will get there, albeit a bit slower.. WE WILL GET THERE
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work.....Congrats
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job!!! Keep it up!!! Congratulations!!!
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    inspiring!! You look great and should be very proud of yourself!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeee for you!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Congrats!!Will you be celebrating the 50lb milestone?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    fabulous! WTG
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing. Very well done.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Hitting that 1/3 milestone is a big one! Own it! I remember when I hit mine... I was on cloud 9 for at least a week! Now, I'm almost to the 1/2 way point... so I'm even more determined through this Thanksgiving-Christmas season!

Keep up the great work!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Extremely impressive photos!!! Have you been measuring too??
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Giving you a great big High-Five. I started out needing to lose 150lbs too so I know how you feel!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!