P90X weight loss/pictures?

Options
My dad has suggested that I do the P90X program after he completed the program last year. I've tried some of the videos and really like it, but it seems like a lot of people that do the program use it towards the end of their weight loss journey to build muscle as opposed to using it to lose weight.

I know that weight loss is a game of calories (in vs. out), but I'm still apprehensive about whether I would lose weight and I'm not totally sure how I would eat on this program. There's some conflicting information about how much you should restrict while doing this plan and since I still have weight to lose (and a rapidly approaching wedding to lose it for) I don't want to dedicate three months and risk not losing pounds and inches. At the same time, I think P90X could be really beneficial for me!

So I would LOVE to hear some success stories, particularly from ladies and if you have any before/after pictures I would love to see them! Also, would love to hear how those who were successful ate during the program. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• Kem42
    Kem42 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey,
    I didn't do P90X, but I did do the insanity workout for two weeks straight. I didn't lose any weight, but I did lose an inch and a half. My problem was I couldn't keep up with it. It was so hard and time consuming. No question they are great workouts thought!
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm on week 9, I don't have much weight to lose but I want so tone. I have lost 9 pounds, possibly more, I haven't weighed in over a week but I can tell I have lost inches by the way my clothes are fitting. I started off a size 6 in pants and my 4s are getting looser now!
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 9, I don't have much weight to lose but I want so tone. I have lost 9 pounds, possibly more, I haven't weighed in over a week but I can tell I have lost inches by the way my clothes are fitting. I started off a size 6 in pants and my 4s are getting looser now!

That's great! Did you use their diet or are you using another method?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have some before / after in a link in the about me section of my profile, towards the end.
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    Clean eating is all I do, I try to stick to 1200 calories but I don't stress if I go over. Everyone is different.