Starbucks Anonymous D;

Options
I'm ADDICTED to starbucks. I literally have one almost every day (oh no!)
Currently sipping a soy caramel brule latte as we speak.....

anyone else lookin to kick a delicious habit?

Anyone can add me, I love to motivate people and love to be motivated!
The more friends the merrier ! :))

<3

Replies

• Karol_McEntire
    Options
    love them too, would drink them all day if I had the money to buy them :laugh:
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If you're really trying to kick the habit, I would first start by cutting out the glorifying of the drinks. Maybe remove it from your profile and then switch to normal coffee at home. It took about a month for me to adjust to drinking black coffee and appreciating the taste without all the sugar, flavor, and junk added. If you don't mind eating artificial food, there's a lot of sugar free creamers with flavors.
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So glad they added a skinny mint mocha for the Christmas season! 100 calories in a tall! I had one every day the week they came out... I went a little overboard.

I went cold turkey last week though. Just a nice cup of coffee with skim milk. :)
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Hi,

If you're really trying to kick the habit, I would first start by cutting out the glorifying of the drinks. Maybe remove it from your profile and then switch to normal coffee at home. It took about a month for me to adjust to drinking black coffee and appreciating the taste without all the sugar, flavor, and junk added. If you don't mind eating artificial food, there's a lot of sugar free creamers with flavors.

Oh! I don't really want to kick the habit in total. maybe just cut back to 3 a week lol. Instead of one everyday. which is how it is currently. I work out a lot and typically eat pretty green throughout the week so I'm not too worried! Was just stating the fact that I'm shamefully addicted! hahaha
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Starbucks! I used to drink them almost everyday (full fat full everything) and then slowly started not going as much
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have a total habit. The free coffee at work tastes like complete trash. I mean it's HORRIBLE, bitter, just nasty. So nearly every day starts out with a venti pike and a ham and cheddar sandwich. It's a six dollar a day habit. Could be worse, I mean I steer way clear of all the 'foofy' drinks with all the extra crap except on the very rare 3:30 'I need a pick me up from work' break with a co-worker and then I stick to a tall only.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm living on a college kid budget and can't afford to get myself Starbucks too often, but I remembered when I used to have a meal plan half of it would go to the coffee shop on campus. I think small steps is probably the best option, maybe find the lower calorie drinks and start there and then try to cut the amount you drink a week in half (or whatever you find to be a reasonable amount for yourself)... I think cutting back is a goal that you can definitely achieve! :smile:
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I LOVE Starbucks! I used to drink them almost everyday (full fat full everything) and then slowly started not going as much
    I typically subsitute mine for soy milk and no whip! because i find that soy milk is healthier (sometimes not much lower of calories, but better all around) than the non fat. I can't STAND the taste of non fat, ICK. it tastes watery and i love the milky yummyness of what is starbucks!! :)
    try soy! its so good. (no pun intended)
  • celshade
    Options
    I feel you with the addiction and going every day!

For me, I was oddly addicted to the experience of going to Starbucks with the amazing coffee smell throughout the place and the nice couches/tables to relax and drink.

Glad you're looking to cut back! Stay focused on what you'd spend the money on elsewhere. Maybe more makeup!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am a Dunkins Addict, Starbucks is too expensive for my little wallet and I'm a Boston girl lol I would probably be public executed for a Starbucks addition! LOL

But I was recently in Florida where they didn't have DUnkins so I had to drink Starbucks I asked about their low calorie drinks and they have tons of sugar free syrups which add a nice flavor to black coffee & their green tea is also fantastic unsweetened. The green tea is zero calories and the sugar free vanilla or caramel coffee is only 5. I even splurged and had a black coffee with pumpkin syrup which was really sweet and only 40 calories. The girl also said that their skinny lattes only have 120 calories in a small or medium or whatever their sizes are lol I forget exactly what size it was. But there's not reason you can't continue to drink there you just need to cut back on the cream and sugar. Maybe try milk and splenda and work your way to black Or learn how make stuff at home so you can use healthier ingredients.

You're right about Nonfat milk watering things down, but I also hate soy, and generally don't like any kind of milk in my coffee because I feel it takes away from the coffee taste! Try it with just some sugar free syrup! The lack of milk means it doesn't get waterd down and the flavor helps balance the bitterness of the coffee =)

I drink coffee every day. I'm hoping to get a K Cup Machine for XMAS so I don't have to pay for a coffee every day, it hurts my wallet more then anything else.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my caffine addiction makes heroin addicts look like well adjusted memebers of society.
  • jonah__
    Options
    I'm a barista at Starbucks and it has been a little difficult to kick the habit completely, but I've found really good alternatives. I'm addicted to espresso, so what I found works for me is I usually get quad shot because there is less calories in espresso than milk/syrup. Also, I only get sugar-free syrups, non-fat and I haven't had whip in over 2 months. It sounds like hell, but since I'm there almost every day, it's not that bad once you get use to it.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    nope, lol I love me some Starbucks.. I just work it into my calorie intake..
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks.

I miss Dunkin Donuts. I would get just plain coffee with nonfat milk there. No sugar, no syrups. But Starbucks I hardly ever just order coffee. I love that they offer soy milk, too. I don't like whip cream on my drinks, so, I always avoid that, too.

I love a nonfat caramel macchiato. Or a soy toffee nut latte. Yum. And I also get one of their seasonal drinks at LEAST once that season. I had a caramel brulee latte a few weeks ago. I was shocked to see how high calories it was though, even with nonfat milk.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I feel you with the addiction and going every day!

For me, I was oddly addicted to the experience of going to Starbucks with the amazing coffee smell throughout the place and the nice couches/tables to relax and drink.

Glad you're looking to cut back! Stay focused on what you'd spend the money on elsewhere. Maybe more makeup!

LOVE that thought, the idea of having more money to spend on makeup!
    I;m actually doing a project next weekend of looking at my bank statement and calculating how much money I spend on food in total, and starbucks seperately xD I'll have to post my results! I"m scared to know the answer since i'm there almost every day :P
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted too. One thing I've done is over time, I've reduced the number of pumps of syrup (because I don't like the sugar-free ones). For example - a grande flavored latte is normally 4 pumps of syrup (a peppermint mocha is a whopping 8 pumps). I'm down to 2 pumps for a grande, and just 1 for a tall. (I used to drink peppermint mocha).

Another tip is to order a smaller size - enjoy the taste, with less calories and smaller price.

If I get a tall or cappucino, with 1 pump, it's around 110 calories (less for the cappuccino), and most of that is from milk (I do order non-fat though - don't like the other options). If I wasn't getting the milk in my coffee, I'd be drinking a glass of it at a meal anyway, so I choose to have my milk in a latte. :)
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I had a caramel brulee latte a few weeks ago. I was shocked to see how high calories it was though, even with nonfat milk.

Oh god I know !!! I can't BELEIVE how many calories are in the caramel brule latte. It hurts my soul, but its my FAVORITE drink. So I figure the best time to have one is after zumba so that i can afford it! haha.
  • celshade
    Options
    my caffine addiction makes heroin addicts look like well adjusted memebers of society.

This made me laugh out loud!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    yum starbucks is frickin delicious! I dont think i could ever really cut that out entirely....that would just be wrong and that would be going against everything i believe in ..lol!
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    nope, lol I love me some Starbucks.. I just work it into my calorie intake..

Not going to lie, I look forward to the day when I have enough money to make that my goal,

For the time being, I buy my own coffee creamer to bring to work. This is very important because I will have at least 2 ups a day. I don't know if I am addicted, because I can also drink non-caffinated tea instead and be just fine.

From what I've found, coffee and tea are both very good for a healthy metabolism. I use those drinks to keep me full while I wait for lunch.