Favorite JM workout?

Options
What is your favorite Jillian Michaels dvd? I have Yoga Meltdown, 30 Day Shred, Killer Buns and Thighs, and just bought Extreme Shed and Shred. So far I love yoga meltdown and killer buns and thighs. Excited to try shed and shred. What's your favorite or works best for you guys? Has anyone tried others?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I only have a couple but I love the 30 day shred, very effective and short workout, also kept me motivated to do it daily (ok so i missed 2 days)
  • lottiedavi
    Options
    I have 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack and killer buns and thighs, i do them all now and again but killer buns and thighs is definatley my favourite, but ive only done level 1 so it may change haha!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I certainly havent tried ALL her dvds...but I absolutely LOVE Jillian Michaels. Shes hardcore and friggen awesome lol I did 30 day shred awhile back--not for the full 30 days because I get bored if I do the same thing over and over....but thats just personal preference. I bought her yoga dvd...havent really used it...I even bought her 90 day Body revolution pack...NOT CHEAP...it comes with the journal, the bungee chord thing...plus 3 months worth of workouts. I will probably start it in the new year :)
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Burn Fat Boost Metabolism - No More Trouble Zones is awesome, 30 Day Shred rocks, Yoga Meltdown is great... Not a fan of Shred It with weights (her kettlebell workout) but I've loved all of the others of hers that I've tried.
  • sowinstead
    sowinstead Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did shred and shed level 1. It's got a lot of martial arts type stuff in it. Had me sweating!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    can someone please give me more info on the yoga meltdown - is it suitable for someone with no yoga experience or do you need to know the basics? thanks !

Oh I am on level 2 day 1 30 DS, enjoying it so far!
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    You definitely don't have to be experienced with yoga to do her yoga video. That video was my intro to yoga. It took me one or two times before I stopped feeling a bit lost. I like it, because it is quite a bit different than all of my other videos. Good luck.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    can someone please give me more info on the yoga meltdown - is it suitable for someone with no yoga experience or do you need to know the basics? thanks !

Oh I am on level 2 day 1 30 DS, enjoying it so far!

I didn't have yoga experience when I bought the yoga dvd. After doing the 30 day shred, I didn't like the yoga meltdown. It was just so different from that. I was used to jumping all around with the shred. I might not have given it enough time though. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 Day Shred.

Now I have -
    Ripped in 30
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Yoga Meltdown
    Shred It With Weights
    Killer Buns & Thighs
    Kickbox FastFix

I like them all, love the variety and varied lengths of the workouts, but over the past couple of years, I've gotten tired of them all. :tongue: Lately I've switched to using Nike Training Club (free app) for my strength stuff, and do the Kickbox FastFix for a quick 20 minutes of cardio. It's a lot of fun, and I like that it's exactly 20 minutes from warm up to cool down, and you can mix and match the three workouts if you want more.

Agree that you don't need any yoga experience to to her Yoga Meltdown. It's the only yoga I've ever done, so not sure how I would do in an actual yoga class! Either way, the first few times through it was incredibly humbling - that stuff takes a lot of balance and strength! :smile:

So my favorite of them all is Kickbox FastFix, at least for now.

Oh, I've also tried Extreme Shed & Shred and No More Trouble Zones - checked them both out from my library for a week. Great way to try them before you buy them!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. - These are serious calorie burners ! I am currently doing Body Revolution and like it so far.
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have tons of her dvds I havent done them all. Have 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, the biggest loser stuff....the one i did do and loved was the last chance workout. I saw amazing results.
  • Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is probably my favourite (mega calorie burn!), but Killer Buns and Thighs is also wonderful. NMTZ is the latest one I've tried and it is a seriously good but doable workout. Really well-paced, too.

I love them all and need a fix of Jillian every day, at least. :love:
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS, might have to myself a few others! Might try the Yoga one.
  • kachochan
    Options
    These are the workouts I do everyday. After I technically finished 30DS, I just keep doing Level 3 and choose some other workout I like on that day
    1) 30 Day Shred - love it! It was my first one and it has changed everything! I am so much fitter now.
    2) 6 Weeks 6 Pack - love it! Fun, fast, really working!
    3) Body Revolution - Cardios are crazy, but really really nice (Cardio 1 doesn't have anything that needs your head lower than your knees, which I appreciate)
    4) Banish Fat - nice
    5) No More Trouble Zones - cool, lots of reps with small weights, very effective, I think.

I also tried Yoga Meltdown and decided I can do it, but only sometimes 'cause it's just not my cup of tea.
    Watched Kickbox Fast fix - can definitely do that, too, but it's not gonna be ma fave.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, also have 6 Week Six-Pack - probably my second favorite. :bigsmile: