New and looking for weight loss buddies

Options
Hey, so this is an awesome site!! I just joined this morning and am soo excited to make some progress. I want some friends that are trying to reach their weight loss goals as well. I think it would be nice to hear a little bit about what other people are doing and how they are doing. I need drive.

Replies

• PATCH1803
    Options
    Luvr2502,

My name is Dave, and I joined this site on the first of November. We are doing something like the biggest loser at the military installaion I am assigned to. We have a four man team, and have to log all of our food, exercise, and weigh in once a week. I started at 213, and am down to 203. We have to exercise, eat three meals, get 7 hours of sleep, and talk with our teammates six days a week. We lose points for drinking alcohol of any kind. We get one meal off per week where we can eat/drink anything we want. To me, it undoes everything that I have done during the week. I do miss my beer. I am having a hard time eating enough calories to balance out the amount of exercise I am doing. I'm used to not eating very much. Using this site has really helped me see what I was eating, and how much fat I was taking in versus burning. The key is being honest with with the food you are logging in.

I try to run 5 days a week. I normally run 5K when I do. I do strength training twice a week. I'm in physical therapy from having back surgery. I didn't exercise for a few months after surgery, so I gained a few pounds. My goal is to get down to 180, and with this site, and self motivation, I think I'll be able to do it. I use NIKE+ when I run, and I have joined a couple of challenges on the site, and made a few of my own. My NIKE+ tracks all of the miles that I run. It also tells me how fast I run. Since the first, I have knocked 1:20 off of my mile pace, and I'm running farther.

The key for me is to get up, get out and do it. Once I start running, or exercising, I don't stop until I'm done. I hope you can stick your goals.

Dave
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    That is awesome. It reminds me of Navy bootcamp. I wish I could do something like that. At any rate your story is inspiring and I want to add you so I can use your positive energy toward working out.
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been here for a bit and have lost and gained but I am not giving up. I am a married mother of three... so a little busy...arent we all. I am committed to being healthy, not necessarilly super skinny. I am determined to do it for me! not for anyone else. I look at this as a life style change not a diet. I am doing two dvd programs just starting week 8 of insanity and chalean, its hard but i am determined to finish. my suggestion is track your food watch portion control and move. do what ever works for you and your body. You know your body and what will work for you. Exercise is exercise, walk run weighs it all works but you have to eat right. I am sure you know all this....but if there is anything I can do let me know. Good luck

feel free to add me (that goes for anyone)

Heather