300 calories over and still hungry

Options
I at that point today where I just want food! I am resisting, but everything I see tonight I want to eat! Hormones are quite annoying especially after a decent day!

Replies

• KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat something small every hour or so. Should curb the cravings a little. I always go for a handfull of chocolate chips..
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I at that point today where I just want food! I am resisting, but everything I see tonight I want to eat! Hormones are quite annoying especially after a decent day!

cup of tea
    low cal hot chocolate
    water
  • FloridaPops
    Options
    Try to drink two glasses of water, give it a few minutes. If you're still hungry, drink two more glasses of water give it a few more minutes. If after 20 minutes you are still hungry, and it's happened to me plenty of times I get a bowl of oatmeal, and generally that does the trick.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to be comfortable being a little hungry. It's not the end of the world, especially before bed time. But a desire to eat that isn't related to hunger is much harder for me.

Are you eating enough fiber? I find making sure I get lots of fiber (via vegetables rather than fruit) with my meals keeps me full longer.
  • Maybaby100
    Maybaby100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just had some rice chex. Next time I will try tea and water. It probably has a lot to do with wasting a lot of calories on a cheeseburger this afternoon.
  • MikeDempsey44
    Options
    I would getting a higher percentage of your calories from protein. Once I started getting 30% of my calories (not grams, calories) from protein I was much, much more full every day.
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Play on your computer or xbox/playstation/wii etc. You'll immerse yourself and hopefully forget! Drink a heap of water too. Flood yourself so you don't want to put anything more in your body :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    PICKLES! When I am over and starving I eat dill pickles - except for times like tonight when my kid ate the whole rest of the jar even though there were a bunch left! :sad: They have like 5 calories.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    I've just been making suttle changes.
    Instead of reg WHI bread I eat Sarah Lee 45 cal whole wheat with Honey bread. 90 cal in 2 slices and only 14 carbs.
    When I go to Big Boy I get a turkey burger (YUMMY) mustard pickle lettuce only. Eat half of the bun and asked that the bun not be toasted using butter. instead of their chili try their beggie soup.
    When I crave chili (which I often do) I eat weight watchers taco soup...
    AND YES PICKLES are your best friend.

DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER especially if eating a lot of sodium