Almost at traget weight for the 4th time in my life.

Options
santd
santd Posts: 234 Member
HI everyone....I've lost weight four times in my life time, of 10 stones and over, but some how managed to always put it all back on. I've always struggled with weight, but this time i took a different approach to it all, what had I to lose! and so far its worked, I've been dieting since the 24th June 2011, and lost 11.7 stones. I have 14 pounds left to go, so i joined this site as its getting harder to lose weight, and its taking longer. I can't give up now, because I think its important to finish what I started, as I've never achieved in ALL of my weight loss times, target weight. I want to get to a BMI of 26. I'm 28 at present, nearly there.

Replies

• Julietecosse
    Options
    Congratulations. Great incentive for me this morning. It will take a while but keep on doing your best and you will achieve it.
  • curiousorange
    Options
    Well done! :) Keep going, you're almost there!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievements thus far!! You can do it!!

And you can stay there ;)

You know, I have been battling with my own negative self image, and weight yo-yoing before my pregnancy and now after my pregnancy...I, at one point, was left feeling like I was always going to recycle like 10-20 lbs of weight, never see my goal weight again...Never make the commitment to myself to get healthy and fit, and to succumb to just exist as I was.

But, something clicked...IDK if it was when I realized my biggest size of pants was too tight (16 US, I am 5' tall) and I had JUST bought them shortly before that point, or what. But one day, it popped into my head:

Life is really short. I don't want to spend it like THIS, not this way that I am physically. At the end of my life, if I never reach my fitness goals and continue to strive for my best health, I am selling myself short. And I am the only one stopping me.

So, I had to really get all introspective about it...which was draining. Then I realized I just have to do, instead of think.

And just do, instead of talk about it.

I had done so much talking about wanting to lose weight...why didn't I put that energy into doing something about losing the weight?

And sticking to it.

So...I think MFP has been that little push in the back of my mind, even when i am not being strict with my foods, or my exercises, I get back to it quicker now, and I am making healthier choices. One day, I will live a mostly healthy and more active life and that will just be me then. And I am enjoying the journey to get to that point.

I am not going to let myself sabotage me anymore. We are all so much more than a number on a scale, we are worthy of being healthy, happy, and our physical best selves possible-at our current weights/working towards healthier weights, and once we get there, we are worth maintaining that healthiness.

:) You. Can. Do. It. :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's HUGE weight loss! And in a relatively short time. Congratulations!

Do you have any plans for sticking with it after you reach target? That's the bit that worries me.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Also, I just looked up how many lbs 11 stone is...163 lbs? You have lost that since June of 2011??
    That is just phenomenal. I am curious as well as to what the poster above me asked...what is your plan to maintain once you are at your goal?

And have you just been counting to get there, or exercising as well? Again, you can do this, and you can keep the body and vision of health that you have worked so hard for.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Those last few pounds are always the hardest, largely because you are near your goal weight and your metabolism is set to maintain at that level. The less you weigh the less calories you need in order to maintain. Just keep at it. Best wishes on obtaining and MAINTAINING your goal weight.
  • santd
    Options
    Don't know if you can, as I'm not that IT literate, but I've posted a few pictures in my gallery if you want to look at my before and after, before and then after, before and after. My poor body has gone up and down like a balloon. I have to say, as I've had a weight problem all of my adult life, I've had to write to w**** watches and to tell them to stop writing to me to join. I feel its them that's made me paranoid about counting points, or calories all my life. They make such a big thing about eating, that's all I could think about, it wasn't for me, but i didn't know that and it didn't work. They didn't answer my letter, but they have stopped writing to me. The way women think about losing weight is so different to that of men. Each time I've lost weight its been without regular weigh in at a club, and I've done it myself, maintaining was my biggest problem.

So I spoke to a male trainer, and he gave me such a different approach to it all, and it worked. I will also keep that up to maintain. I don't count calories or points or weigh my food, or say NO to certain foods.

But I still feel as though I'm a fat person disguised as a slimmer person, and that I'm only here for the holiday, and I've got to go back to my fatness soon. I think my brain is having problems with catching up with my weight loss and accepting what it sees in the mirror.

By biggest journey is still yet to come after getting to target, to stay here. This time I've burnt all of my old clothes(the old me). I think I'm the only person that has a wardrobe from size 32 to 12, and i would go up and down my wardrobe every couple of years. But I've now got tons of space for a new wardrobe, by burning all of the old sizes. I do have a picture some where of both me and my husband in my clothes I will put it in my gallery.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I get the emails from Weightwatchers too. I tried it, but it didn't suit me, and they keep asking me to come back! What is your trainer's approach?
  • santd
    Options
    We all eat when we feel hunger, but if we over fill our stomach( and we do all of the time) , then the mechanical function makes it feel as though you're hungry, but your not, its just your stomach emptying. he made me eat small amounts of food on a side plate, and eat at different different hours apart, to see where my hunger was. i found out by trial & error that if I ate every 4 hours a small cereal bowel containing at least 50% protein and minimal carbs, and veg, I didn't ever feel hunger, it keeps the hunger pains away.

Also diet pop stimulates my hunger???? but soda water doesn't.

I always exercise on an empty stomach, and eat an apple afterwards. The above is what body builders follow, but it does work, not that I'm going to become a body builder, but I'm losing weight and more importantly I'm NOT hunger so i can cope with the diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!