Help!

Options
I have been told by my friend that I put on weight because I sleep really late and wake up really late. I have tried my best to wake up at least at about 8:am but i simply can't open my eyes. I make up my mind in the night to wake up at 6 am. I set my alarm up but when it rings, I turn it off and doze off to sleep again.Does this make me more fat. What should i do to wake up early. I am totally depressed over my habit! Do you guys think that waking up late makes u put on weight?? help me guyz

Replies

• GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sorry but the time you wake up and go to bed has NOTHING to do with your weight. If that were the case, everyone who works nights would be 500 pounds.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have been told by my friend that I put on weight because I sleep really late and wake up really late. I have tried my best to wake up at least at about 8:am but i simply can't open my eyes. I make up my mind in the night to wake up at 6 am. I set my alarm up but when it rings, I turn it off and doze off to sleep again.Does this make me more fat. What should i do to wake up early. I am totally depressed over my habit! Do you guys think that waking up late makes u put on weight?? help me guyz

I will help you.

Stop listening to your friend.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options

I will help you.

Stop listening to your friend.

Yes! If you want to wake early, go to bed early. It's pretty simple. You will get used to it. My alarm goes off at 5.30am and I just get up. If I hit the snooze i just end up lying these and never manage to go back to sleep and then end up p***ed off becuase I could of gone to the gym.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    while a good nights sleep is essential to being healthy, the time you go to sleep and wake up isn't that much of a factor. that is of course, unless you are forcing yourself to stay up late, not sleeping well because of alcohol or bad food, and waking up too early without enough sleep.

6-8 hours is a good amount of sleep a night.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Too much food not enough exercise is what makes you fat. Period.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    By this logic people in the west coast are way fatter than people on the east cost.

sleep, food, all this stuff on a daily bases does not matter. Just make sure you get enough and in some sort of sleep scheduled.

Try tracking your food for a week and see what you think then.
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As everyone else here has mentioned, your friend is either pulling your chain or horribly incorrect. However, if you really want to wake up earlier, the best way to do it is to set your alarm back one minute every day. So tomorrow you would wake up at 7:59 and so on.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    I usually stay up until about 1:00 in the morning and get up around 9:00. Doesn't seem to have stopped me from losing weight. Perhaps you should ask your friend to try (and I emphasize try) to explain why sleeping late will make you fat. I strongly doubt she'll be able to come up with an explanation that makes any sense.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I haven't got to sleep in til 8 am in 6 years. Must be nice.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Adequate sleep is important for your health and weight... And it doesn't matter which hours that sleep occurs! Your friend is wrong.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    She's probably just jealous that you get to sleep in and she has to be up at 5:00 a.m. . . .I know I *would* be jealous. . .kidding.. . sorta. Alarm's set for 5:00!! ugh!
  • shaznafathima1
    shaznafathima1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! this was helpful. This has kept me worrying for ages but I don't have to. I sleep late because I talk to my fiance who is in USA and he does a night shift,since I am in the UK. So i have to stay awake for a few hours to talk to him or I will never have time to talk to him. Thanks again guys