Swimmers....

Options
Hey everyone-

I swam for 18+ years, and am really wanting to get back in the water. I thought it might be fun to see if there were any other swimmers out there who may want to become friends, share work outs, etc...I am always looking for new motivating friends, and thought this would be a cool way to push each other :)

Replies

• racataca
    racataca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know HOW to swim and could save myself in a dire situation, but I was never part of a team or anything. That said, after Christmas I'm signing up for a Masters Swim Program - 80 bucks for unlimited weekly classes (they offer 8 a week), for three months. Super excited!!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Let me know how it goes for you. I wish I could find something like that around here!
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use to swim a lot and have been thinking about starting also!

I am up for supporting so please add me. x
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Earilier this year I did the 0-1600 plan and got to the point I could swim a mile without dying. Schedule changed and I haven't been in the pool for 9 months. Another schedule change has not only put me in the pool, but I joined swim masters and last week was my first coached practice. My plan is to stick with it at least until summer. I'm going to kick the tires on a triathlon next year.

My schedule gets a bit wonky so there may be times of inconsistent posting but yea, I'm in.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I would love to start swimming but still too fat at the moment. when I lose another 10 kilo I might.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I miss swimming so much! I want to start again unfortunately I need to wait till my current gym membership is up before I go to another gym that has a pool.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love to swim :) I have a gym membership that gives unlimited access to the pool facilties, so I'll be in the water a couple of times a week.

Anyone else swims with a polar HRM? I've tried it a couple of times, but I thought the calories burned would be higher (I burn about 150 cals / 30 mins. of swimming laps.)