gained 6lbs in 2 days

Options
Guys please help im super frustrated. and more discouraged than ever. On friday i weighed myself, I was 84.9kg today i check the scale, I am 87.9kg. How can i gain 3kg in 2 days. I know it was a bad weekend but it took me almost 4 weeks to lose the 3kg how can i gain it that super quick? Is it just water, or is it really fat. This is really discouraging

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    don't weigh yourself so often and you won't be disheartened. Chances are it'll be gone by tomorrow, so if you weigh yourself weekly you wouldn't even have known about this natural fluctuation and wouldn't have been disheartened.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hi there :)

did you mean that you weigh 84.9 today? otherwise you've lost weight! :)

dont let it get to you. if you ate a lot of salty foods, it could be water weight. try measuring yourself as well as using the scale :flowerforyou:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... unless you have that the wrong way round you have actually lost weight?

Either way, there's no way you've gained over 6lb of fat in two days. If you had a bad weekend, it will be water retention. Eat well for the next week and drink lots of water and it will fall off as quick as you put it on.
  • MunchkinWizard
    MunchkinWizard Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't panic. Weight can change from day to day. It could be water weight. Wait a week to weigh yourself. Do not give up! That is the important thing.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Its water. It would be next to impossible....no, its actually impossible to gain that much fat in a couple days. Its most likely from sodium, but there are a handful of other explanations, all of which are temporary. The only thing other than water retention on the list is extra food in your digestive tract, assuming your scale isn't faulty.
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had made a mistake
  • nerchk
    Options
    I need to throw my scale away, I am so obsessed about the stupid scale and it always makes me mad. I am really hoping it will be gone soon. We did go out for saturday lunch. i had ribs and chips. I know it is bad. And as much as i cooked healthy foods yesterday, my husband forgot to buy chicken with groceries we ended up buying kfc, and i had 2 pieces of that. I was just terrified only from that. That the chips, ribs and kfc went straight for my thighs
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Unless you've eaten 21 thousand calories on top of your maintenance cals (so about 12-13 thousand calories a day for the past 2 days) it's just water weight (probably from salty food, although I haven't read your diary) so don't sweat it, get back on track and it'll fall straight off again :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    One bad day won't ruin you in the big scheme of things. Try and only weigh yourself once a week. It helps to not see the fluctuations. Lots of "bad" foods have a lot of sodium in them, which will make you hold water. So it's going to mostly be water. I know people whose weight changes 3kgs in a day. So just drink lots of water. Have 5 healthy days. And then weigh yourself again.

Also do you take your measurements? Our bodies can be deceptive and sometimes its a much better way to track progress :)
  • nerchk
    Options
    Thank you so much. I was really worried. I am glad i didnt really let it pull me down too much because knowing myself i would have thrown in the towel
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I need to throw my scale away, I am so obsessed about the stupid scale and it always makes me mad. I am really hoping it will be gone soon. We did go out for saturday lunch. i had ribs and chips. I know it is bad. And as much as i cooked healthy foods yesterday, my husband forgot to buy chicken with groceries we ended up buying kfc, and i had 2 pieces of that. I was just terrified only from that. That the chips, ribs and kfc went straight for my thighs

Did you log it and stick to your deficit? Even if you went over, a bad weekend will only break you if you let it derail you. You probably should put the scale away for a while, for your sanity, or if you can't (I'm a daily weigher) you have to make yourself ok with daily ups and downs. It sounds to me like you might be salt-sensitive, in which case you might want to keep an eye on your sodium and try to balance it out with high potassium foods- potassium acts like anti-sodium and helps flush water weight.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I was really worried. I am glad i didnt really let it pull me down too much because knowing myself i would have thrown in the towel

You should see the state of my diary on the weekends for the past few weeks if you want to make yourself feel better and I'm still losing (although I'm not sure if I will this week) not that my shoddy weekend habits are anything to emulate BTW if you want to lose fast, but the odd mistake tends to just slow things down rather than destroy progress, I wish I was good all the time, I might've hit goal months ago lol. I just have to be uber patient instead and realise one day at a time and as long as I rack up more good days than bad I'll lose/win lol :) And just remember the only time you'll put the weight back on permenantley is if you do throw in the towel and give up, remember weight loss isn't linear!

Good luck x
  • leopardprint13
    leopardprint13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not doing too well!! After losing 28lbs since June 2012 I've managed to gain half of that lost weight in a matter of a couple of weeks, due to being inactive. I have not been well recently which as stopped me from exercising hence causing me to being fed up and eating far too much. Help, Help if anyone else has been in or is in the same situation what advice would you suggest.
  • Rachlmale
    Options
    Hi, I'm not doing too well!! After losing 28lbs since June 2012 I've managed to gain half of that lost weight in a matter of a couple of weeks, due to being inactive. I have not been well recently which as stopped me from exercising hence causing me to being fed up and eating far too much. Help, Help if anyone else has been in or is in the same situation what advice would you suggest.
    #

Stop eating far too much and start exercising again... you answered your own question really. Good luck, get back on track before you're back to where you started.
  • leopardprint13
    leopardprint13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Stop eating far too much and start exercising again... you answered your own question really. Good luck, get back on track before you're back to where you started.

I knew I opened myself up for a bit of ridicule ... thanks!! I was actually looking for a support.. Due to severe back problems I'm having difficulty in walking where I would normally be out in the fresh air jogging.
  • Rachlmale
    Options

I knew I opened myself up for a bit of ridicule ... thanks!! I was actually looking for a support.. Due to severe back problems I'm having difficulty in walking where I would normally be out in the fresh air jogging.

I really wasn't ridiculing you, I realise it sounded that way and should have worded it differently. If you can't exercise as much as you would like you'll have to be more careful about what you're eating. Just log again and start being more strict, you can do it.