Breakthrough

Options
kateyb
kateyb Posts: 138 Member
Tonight I have had a breakthrough and broken the habit of a lifetime! I've always been an emotional eater, well I used to be an emotional eater - not any more!!!

I was feeling sorry for myself and so having a cheat day, which involved ordering chinese for the first time in 2 months. Chinese is my fave food and it's been 2 whole months! So anyway I have had a bit of a ****ty time lately, have worked my butt off and am stuck in on a friday night so thought I'd treat myself.

Normally I'd be a mega pig and eat the lot, but it arrived and maybe it was an off day, but it just didn't taste as good as normal. I had a few bites and decided I didn;t want it so put it in the microwave for later. Then I went back and again had a few bites and decided no, no I don't actually like this, so I threw it all away.

A takeaway from my fave place and I couldn't eat it and threw it away!!!

Huge waste of money but also a major breakthrough. That was what I'd been craving for the last 2 months?! What a waste!!! I've made healthy meals that taste better than that. No more. I think I'm cured. Next time I'm feeling low and crave comfort in the form of a tasty treat I won't be reaching for the phone, I'll just head to the kitchen and see what I can rustle up!!!

Replies

• NaturalMom
    Options
    Nice job! It is so hard to throw away food, especially when you've had a particularly hard day and it is something you love. You are an inspiration, girl!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your success! What you said about the food not tasting that good... I have found that to be true too...
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    hahaha!

This reminds me of when I quit smoking!
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have the same success with Keebler Fudge Grasshopper cookies.

But, congrats to you...it has to be a pivitol moment in your weight loss journey...it lessens the ability for food to be a crutch during off days. That's a major hurdle to have jumped over!

"Breakthrough" how appropriate!
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is major! looks like you had a LIFSTYLE CHANGE! :wink:
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    That's AWESOME! It's so funny, isn't it, when you have the moments of "THIS is what I was craving all this time??" It's almost a little sad when you realize it won't be the comfort it once was. But hey, so much better in the long run! :smile: Great job!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is awesome!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    wow! Good for you! Keep up the great work!
    I had to do that with a birthday cake last week.....I LOVE cake, but I threw it away! YAY for us!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thnks guys x
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    That is great...congratulations on your breakthrough! I'm a HUGE Chinese food fan as well, and lately I've been experimenting with recipes at home. You may want to do a search for some traditional Chinese recipes on websites like Cooking Light.com so you can get your fix without the ton of calories and fat of restaurant food.
  • bmarsh777
    bmarsh777 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good for you! I too was craving Chinese tonight, but instead got a rottissiere chicken and it was WONDERFUL! Making changes is sometimes hard, but it is great when it is easy! Keep it up! Beth
  • clairebear82
    Options
    Good for you!! we did exactly the same on Saturday, it just didn't taste right and I was full anyway due to a larger volume of food than normal. So I put it to one side to go back to it later, and I didn't. I had a breakthrough too!
  • apetermann
    Options
    That's wonderful! I have to admit, I'm like you but it's not emotional eating...I'm an emotional shopper!! I'm in the grocery store and I'm buying all sorts of terrible things because they just look SO GOOD!! But this last weekend, after being on MFP for a solid and dedicated week, I found myself making some really awesome choices.

It's so nice when you get things "click" together! Keep up the great work!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm slowly getting to that point with some of my foods too.

Way to go!
  • StephanieCanene
    Options
    That's awesome! I love Chinese food as well... and it still tastes good to me, hehe. It's my comfort food, in moderation of course!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!