Signs of Life

Options
Hey, everybody, I'm Bob. I'm a 36 year old separated father of two. Over the past year, I've been through so many crazy (often tragic) things from which I still haven't recovered or learned to fully understand. After months of spinning my wheels, I decided to start regaining control of my life by taking control of my body and mind. Last week, I began eating better (and less often!!), meditating, and exercising. I've done all of these things before, but rarely at the same time and never with a sustained effort and focus.

I've always been one to stay hidden on sites like this and avoid the community. So, now I'm making myself accountable to all of you for my own effort, and hopefully meeting some new friends in the process. I've never thought of myself as one who had anything to offer others in the way of advice or inspiration, but who knows.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hi Bob, welcome to the site and keep up the effort. No better motivator for getting healthy than your kids!
  • ManEnMotion
    ManEnMotion Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bob. Good luck in your journey! Add some friends so you can have some online support.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I love that song you did with Bruno Mars, good stuff.
  • djdaddyesq
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Nice to meet you.

Fit, I am SO not hip, so you'll have to explain the Bruno Mars thing. Haha.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hi Bob! Welcome to MFP; yes add lots of friends to help you be accountable. They will help pick you up when you fall down, help motivate you and hold you accountable. Let me tell you a secret...when you support others in their weight loss journey, it actually motivates and lifts you (or so I've found). I am more conscious of what I eat (Thanksgiving is an exception) because my diary is open and I want to set a good example to those around me. Believe it or not...I might want something, then change my mind because I don't want it on my diary, so I don't eat it. :smile:
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Bob! Please feel free to add me, I am on here every day, I like to motivate and be motivated (especially after the terrible weekend of eating I have just had!) :-)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    welcome Bob! Kudos for taking control of your life - it's very exciting to move forward. We're here whenever you need to vent, cheer, etc. :)
  • djdaddyesq
    Options
    Thanks guys. Vm, what you say makes a lot of sense and thanks for the perspective. I hope I can offer something to anyone who needs it. This is a very supportive group, I can tell already. Being able to give back as much as I've already taken since joining MFP would be great!