Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet?

Options
Hi! My friend and I are doing a research project on Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet for our gym class. Does anyone have any interesting facts or opinions about this diet? We're shocked at some of the information we're finding...it's only about 800 calories a day! Is that healthy? We appreciate your thoughts! :smile:

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    First you call it a diet. Then you say 800 calories. There's nothing safe or healthy about that. If you can't do it every day for the rest of your life, it's not right for your body.
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    First you call it a diet. Then you say 800 calories. There's nothing safe or healthy about that. If you can't do it every day for the rest of your life, it's not right for your body.

agree. nothing safe about 800 calories a day! calories in < calories out = weight loss .. But 800 isn't enough.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan of this diet only because it's SO limiting. I mean...you eat cookies when you're hungry. I think it's the same premise as any meal replacement plan - be it shakes, bars, or cookies in this case....it doesnt teach you how to eat properly. When you reach a goal weight...what then? You'll likely go back to old habits and put the weight back on and then some.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I just watched a video about a woman who lost 110 pounds in 6 months on that diet. Losing that much weight so fast is just not healthy. She said she was only taking in 800-900 calories a day, and that is basically called starving yourself, not being on a "diet." I can't believe that any doctor would recommend such a thing, he's obviously in it for the money, those cookies are 50 dollars per a week supply!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said so far. 800 calories is just not enough for your body to function, and you are losing weight by starving yourself. Also, this does NOT teach lifelong healthy-eating habits for sustaining weight loss. The minute someone goes off of this diet, I guarantee they will gain all the weight back (and probably more) because they have not learned how to eat properly. So while is certainly is a tempting idea to follow such an "easy" and "quick" plan, it is not a healthy, long-term solution.
  • kristinahelen
    Options
    I agree that losing it in a way that is healthy and something you can maintain is better. Truedecember- you've lost 31lbs already!?1That's the exact amount I'd like to lose- do you have tips that you've stuck to or what has really worked for you?? I'd love to hear.