Protein Powder

Options
fabfani
fabfani Posts: 3 Member
Has anyone tried a protein powder called Almased? Reviews anyone?

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have'nt but I do use basic Whey Protein. I don't use regular milk though, instead try in with unsweetend Almond Milk. Zero sugars and wayyyyy less calories.....
  • MelodieRSA
    Options
    I like Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder.
  • fabfani
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm trying to cut calories where I can. I need a good meal supplement.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    IMO, as a meal supplement, you should be looking at something with more than just calories. it should have fats in it as well, and maybe a few carbs.

Look at something like muscle milk, or mix some peanut butter into your protein shake.

Milk + peanut butter + chocolate whey = all kinds of goodness.
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I knew I had seen an article that was better, but I can't find it on the actual Men's Health site at the moment. Here's a reprint from articlesbase.com:

http://www.articlesbase.com/mens-health-articles/protein-powder-the-skinny-guys-guide-to-protein-powder-1351644.html
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    IMO, as a meal supplement, you should be looking at something with more than just calories. it should have fats in it as well, and maybe a few carbs.

Look at something like muscle milk, or mix some peanut butter into your protein shake.

Hey jacksonpt, what do you use to mix your drink? I've been thinking about the very blend you mention here, but not sure what kind of practical solution could tackle that at the gym... or do you mix it beforehand and just drink it not as cold?
  • sarah_Holland81
    Options
    If your looking for a good meal replacement make sure it's got all the vitamins and minerals you need. I use herbalife which does it's own protein powder to put in to the meal replacement shake.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Hey jacksonpt, what do you use to mix your drink? I've been thinking about the very blend you mention here, but not sure what kind of practical solution could tackle that at the gym... or do you mix it beforehand and just drink it not as cold?

Typical post-gym shake is ice, 8oz skim milk, 1 scoop casein, 1 scoop whey. Ice keeps it plenty cold for me.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I use hemp protein powder; it's 120 for 2 TBSP and its very filling. It's inexpensive (doesn't contain sugar or other sweeteners) and can be purchased at ZNatural Foods:

http://www.znaturalfoods.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5&zenid=c7668194c502c1b06ea65c7961ab621f
  • fabfani
    Options
    Thanks for all the information. Losing weight is not easy and I need all the help I can get.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have'nt but I do use basic Whey Protein. I don't use regular milk though, instead try in with unsweetend Almond Milk. Zero sugars and wayyyyy less calories.....

I have never thought about it in almond milk. I might have to try it. :)
  • jwalsh1109
    Options
    I use Isagenix Isa Pro Whey protein it is undenatured with 8 active enzymes, 70 minerals, and trace minerals.