I need help please!!!! :(

Options
Hi

I'm new to all this but i just cant take it anymore. I hate the way i look and its about time i changed it. It all started when i quit smoking my hands were bored so i turned to food to keep them busy. I dont have proper meals anymore i just constantly pick at the wrong food all day. I'm a full time commi chef so trying new food all the time but i never like it :( i work around 50-55 hours a week and am always so tired and exhausted to exercise. Ive been reading through your progress bits and i want too be like that just dont know how to do it. Can anyone help me? please.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Weight loss starts in the kitchen. If you figure out your TDEE or use this site's calorie calculator and eat at deficit, you'll lose weight regardless if you exercise or not. If you spend most of your work day in a kitchen, my guess is you are getting a pretty good workout just at work.
  • JAWiseman19
    JAWiseman19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    whats TDEE??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You really just have to make the commitment. You don't have to eat "diet food", just eat a variety of foods and make sure you get proper nutrition while not going over your calorie goal.

It's hard to lose weight without exercise, and even harder to remain healthy without it. I would suggest you make time for exercise, even if it's just a couple of days a week.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    whats TDEE??

TDEE = Calories burned throughout the day in your normal activities.
    BMR = Your base metabolic rate; the number of calories your body burns simply being alive.

Eat between TDEE and BMR.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure; it's a combination of your basal metabolic rate (how much energy your body uses to heal itself, keep the heart beating, the lungs pumping, digestion, etc) and your daily activity (anything other than laying comatose in bed means you burn more than your BMR.)

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Get that right, eat 15% less, and watch the pounds melt away.

Congratulations on quitting smoking!! Use your newfound cardiopulmonary health to take up running or cage fighting.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) quantifies the number of calories you burn in a day. This measure is best estimated by scaling your Basal Metabolic Rate to your level of activity. TDEE is critical in tailoring your nutrition plan to desired fitness goals."

Check out my fitness frog, it has some great calculators.
  • JAWiseman19
    JAWiseman19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ah okays. Thanks guys :D was smoking 40 straights a day for 4 years and havent had one for 2 years now. It did mess up my breathing and am now on inhalers when needed :'( wish i could afford to go to the gym.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When I need something to occupy my hands, I pick up my crocheting. Maybe something similar would help you. :)
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The Goal setting tools here will help you calculate your targets both for watching your calories/ fat/carbs etc, and be sure you're getting enough nutrition like calcium and protien. It's important to follow both the good and the bad, or else you may find yourself not losing, even if you are eating under your calories, because you're not getting enough nutrition. Log everything you eat and all your excercise here. If you follow the goals it sets for you, you should lose weight and stay healthy. It will also push you to exercise, as you are working for Net calories which means you get to eat more when you exercise; it's very motivating. Also, it helps to link up with some friends here for extra motivation, and so you can check out their food diaries for smart ideas on what you can eat. Feel free to add me as a friend if I can help you.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel working 50-55 hours per week and not feeling like exercising; but I'm going to tell you....JUST DO IT! Only, do it BEFORE work. I worked for the longest time in DC and I lived in Northern Virginia; I worked around 60 hours per week, sometimes more; but I also had a daily commute of 3-4 hours; I lost 35 lbs during this time. You can do it too! But you HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!!

This is how I did it:

Got up early (yes I know): I got up at 4:30 am and worked our 30 minute: M-W-F Weights and T-TH-Sat was cardio (Sundays were usually a rest day but generally my husband and I took a walk somewhere)

Plan, Plan, Plan

I planned my healthy (within calorie limits) menu each weekend, shopped and logged it for the week (yes I really did; that way I would STICK TO THE PLAN)
    Pack my breakfast, lunch, 2 healthy snacks and if there was any chance I was working late, my dinner too (I prepared it every night, so I just had to grab the bag and go the next morning)

Yes, I understand you have to taste things; nothing says you have to swallow; taste like it's a real wine tasting...taste and spit or if that is too disgusting. Take very small tastes and allow for those calories each day, so you can still stay under.

You can do this; there are others I've seen that were in the same situation that were able to lose it....so I know you can to!!

Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!